NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sat March 30 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sat March 30

I would personally prefer he was at Pitt by a factor of a million.
Uconn was and is ahead of us by a mile. Would not want Pitt to join that list as well. Could not stand playing against him twice a year eithr

UConn is the first reigning champion to make the Final Four the next season since Florida in 2007. That is incredible.

But why? JB practically discovered him. Yeah, there was the story about his mother. I think he just didn’t want to play for JB. Hurley abused JB on the trail those last few years.
Im old enough to remember people would call Hurley a clown. Now, if you told me 5 years ago that Hurley would build a Dynasty I would have laughed but I saw him outworking JB and then he started to win some head to head battles, didnt make the mistake of playing daddy ball, changed his staff, just more motivated and now we see the results.

What???
Yeap… It was either Thursday or Fridays nba starting lineup on Sirius. They were talking about how Flagg won Gatorade PoY and how Scalabrine “discovered” him and bas been training him.

Yeap… It was either Thursday or Fridays nba starting lineup on Sirius. They were talking about how Flagg won Gatorade PoY and how Scalabrine “discovered” him and bas been training him.
But why would Scalabrine steer him to SU and not Enfield and USC his alma mater?

Nate Oats refuses to adjust when teams take away 3’s and the rim.

16 wins in 2018
19 wins in 2019
15 wins in 2020 - tourney
23 wins in 2021 - tourney
31 wins in 2022 - national champ
35 wins so far in 2023
UConn was able to regain their national standing, winning championships and making final fours based on these factors:
1. Landing a couple of solid HS recruiting classes
2. Landed key transfers from the portal to fill their weaknesses
3. Their recruits developed/exceeded their original expectations (Clingan especially)
4. No notable “busts” with the players they brought in

I’m not sure what Hurley’s system was to identify, recruit and develop players, but it’s clearly working. They’re a significantly better program right now, dominating Northeast basketball. Red really needs to close the gap.

It sucks, because years ago UConn was pretty much left in the dust as program when they moved to the AAC. They abandoned football (even though it’s still there) in favor of basketball. I know we’re not going to do that, especially with Fran at the helm as head coach.

But if the ACC collapses and Fran takes his talents elsewhere, I wouldn’t be against a return to the BE for sports and independent in football.

UConn was able to regain their national standing, winning championships and making final fours based on these factors:
3. Their recruits developed/exceeded their original expectations (Clingan especially)

I’m not sure what Hurley’s system was to identify, recruit and develop players, but it’s clearly working. They’re a significantly better program right now, dominating Northeast basketball. Red really needs to close the gap.

It sucks, because years ago UConn was pretty much left in the dust as program when they moved to the AAC. They abandoned football (even though it’s still there) in favor of basketball. I know we’re not going to do that, especially with Fran at the helm as head coach.

But if the ACC collapses and Fran takes his talents elsewhere, I wouldn’t be against a return to the BE for sports and independent in football.
Their offensive sets are in a different league outside of everyone except maybe Purdue. They have talent, but the coaching is on another level.

Yeah they were an afterthought and a shell of themselves at the end of the Ollie era.

Great point on the busts, what hurt SU too were too many defections like after the 21 season, we stopped hitting homeruns with guys exceeding their recruiting ranking, think Tyler Ennis, Oshae etc. And then guys we banked on were busts, Jalen Carey, Benny, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom