NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sun March 31 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sun March 31

That was old-fashioned basketball. When I was growing up, (I am 70, amazingly), there were few really good players and they tended to be the primary source of their team's offense. The race to see who would lead the country in scoring was as interesting as the race for the #1 team because the top scorers were on the top teams. This was Zach Edey (40 of his team's 72 points), vs. Dalton Knecht (37 of his team's 66 points) and it was fun.

That said, the game made me doubt that even Purdue could beat Connecticut. Tennessee got too many steals and fast breaks and Purdue was 3 for 15 from outside. And the Huskies have Langen to match up with Edey.

Last edited:
Dude carried them all afternoon. He’s a stud. Too bad no one else stepped up for UT.

Last year DJ Burns was playing for Winthrop and Dalton Knecht was playing for Northern Colorado. there is hope.

Tennessee can’t be happy with the foul call discrepancy
The refs really helped Purdue by calling the game tight. If Tenn breathed on Edey it was a foul.

This game is terrible. Officials allowing way too much contact.

Flipowski is a punk. Wonder if that kid from Maine will take his minutes?

Flagg would be the first pick in the draft THIS year before he even went to college. He’s not overrated in the least.

Congrats. The worst draft in 11 years. Paul Harris would have gone lottery out of high school.

I’m very curious to see what a UConn/Purdue line would be right now? Is it something like UConn -7.5?

If it was a regular season game it would open about UConn -3.0 using KP as a guide.

With more action on those games especially by FInal 4, they probably go more for 50/50 action rather than system based lines, so my guess it would be around 5-6.

Keats is about to enter the Hurley level of clowndom on here huh?

At our ACCT game against NC State, there was this hillbilly type guy with a long beard a couple rows ahead of us who was losing his mind cheering. In the moment I found him insufferable but I would give anything to see him right now.

Congrats. The worst draft in 11 years. Paul Harris would have gone lottery out of high school.

Nick Smith Jr would have been number 1 in ‘22 as well. I don’t have a strong Flagg take but I’m def in “I need to see it first” phase. By all accounts his defense will be ridiculous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom