NCAA Final Four Games for May 28-30 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Final Four Games for May 28-30

I think the 1990 SU team was the best.

First of all, they had trouble getting anyone to play them that season. They played only 10 regular-season games. If you know Slugger, or even know of him, you know he was ready to play anyone at any time.

Plus they completely obliterated the opposition all season--20+ goals in 10 of 13 games, including all 3 in the tournament.

Speaking of the tournament--they beat UNC in the semifinals 21-10. Why is this noteworthy? Because the Tar Heels had a helluva club, as shown by the fact that they went 16-0 the next season to win the championship.
The 2006 Virginia team was also quite good. They have the disadvantage of not playing Duke because they had canceled the season. By the end of the year they were peaking. Dominant playoffs. One close regular season game against Princeton. Ward was better than Wisnauskas that season. Matt Ward, Kyle Dixon, Matt Poskey, Ben Rubeor and Mike Culver, Jon Christmas, Gladding...just an awesome team.

One of my favorite SU teams was the 2000 team which if it wasn't for a rainy weeknight in Ithaca vs. Cornell...SU would have run the table.

1990 is in its own class.

I am not sure that Ward was better than Wisnauskas. They play rather different roles for their teams.

Christmas wasn't on the team.

I am not sure that Ward was better than Wisnauskas. They play rather different roles for their teams.

Christmas wasn't on the team.

Thanks! I should have fact checked. Was trying to remember if he was on that squad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom