NCAA Final Four Games for May 28-30 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Final Four Games for May 28-30

“Team closest to the ball when the ball goes out“ has got to be the most overused phrase in lacrosse ..lnao

terps are tough on both ends. fear this does not end well for cornell.

Just let Kyle Long go down the alley and stay on your man. That last one there was nobody with their hands on Wisnauskas even though Long was already behind GLE!

Neither team playing very well right now. Maryland looks absolutely gassed but Cornell can’t take advantage. Really bad shooting by the big red. Right into the goalie’s stick.

Crabcakes 9, Cayuga 7

FUB2jAsVsAAfoqA

Neither team playing very well right now. Maryland looks absolutely gassed but Cornell can’t take advantage. Really bad shooting by the big red. Right into the goalie’s stick.
maybe goalie got in their heads as he was good most of the game. The big red certainly could have tried a few better places.

some toughtplays that hurt cornell.. I thought the rule was you had to get the ball across the line befiore 60 with control? maryland had 3 of those plays that they got away with and got the one quick change possession fast break goal early. Great game for the Maryland goalie, Cornell forced a few shots and then the 4-5 pipes so never really got the energy goals.

Put Donneville back on cornell and it might be a different game. Cornell needed that 1 more guy on offense as their dodgers are so small they cant quite finish.

sign of a great team that they play like crap and the game still wasn't at all close until the last couple of minutes and even then it never truly felt in doubt

sign of a great team that they play like crap and the game still wasn't at all close until the last couple of minutes and even then it never truly felt in doubt

Exactly. Their C game today was still good enough to win (including that 4th quarter that had to be their worst of the season).

I don't know why Wierman would be so gassed on the last face-off as Carc kept saying.

Exactly. Their C game today was still good enough to win (including that 4th quarter that had to be their worst of the season).
i think the game was close just not the score for most of the game.. it was played to like a 6-4 first half but it wasnt,, And with any breaks in the 4th its probably tied with 3-4 to go.. cornell lost a ball trying to get a TO the refs couldnt hear,, had multiple pipes and the goal taken away was a pipe rebound shot that didnt go it..

a game where a Goalie really controlled the game for 3/4

i think the game was close just not the score for most of the game.. it was played to like a 6-4 first half but it wasnt,, And with any breaks in the 4th its probably tied with 3-4 to go.. cornell lost a ball trying to get a TO the refs couldnt hear,, had multiple pipes and the goal taken away was a pipe rebound shot that didnt go it..

a game where a Goalie really controlled the game for 3/4

I think one of the reasons McNaney was so good was that the defense was forcing shots that enabled him to get into a groove. It's interesting because I thought Maryland really dominated the 3rd quarter and if a couple more of their chances go in perhaps it doesn't end up being that close. Props to Cornells defense though, I was never super impressed with them this season but they got better the last couple of weeks.

I think one of the reasons McNaney was so good was that the defense was forcing shots that enabled him to get into a groove. It's interesting because I thought Maryland really dominated the 3rd quarter and if a couple more of their chances go in perhaps it doesn't end up being that close. Props to Cornells defense though, I was never super impressed with them this season but they got better the last couple of weeks.
Cornell was the better team in 1q and 4q, McNaney made some tough saves in the opening quarter or the complexion of the game would have been different . Recall a 4-10 Cuse also outplaying Maryland in the 2q and 3q of their game .

Congrats to Maryland on the chip and an unbeaten season , they ran the table against a good schedule and were a great and unselfish team led by a superstar in Winauskaus and completed by several transfers . Extremely well coached despite their sloppy play seen in their last two games but don't see them as one of the greatest teams of all time based on the games I've seen.

“Team closest to the ball when the ball goes out“ has got to be the most overused phrase in lacrosse ..lnao

The Tewaaraton is lacrosse's version of the Heisman trophy
They're announcing the game for people who don't watch lacrosse much at all, not for people who watch week in and week out. This isn't baseball, football, or basketball where all the viewers (think they) know everything about the game.

Maryland's offense played their B game for 3 quarters. They didn't have the ball very much in the 4th. Their defense was able to bail them out by forcing Cornell into bad outside shots that amounted to playing catch with McNaney, who came up with big saves on the occasions when he needed to. Their defense did way more damage to our chances of beating them than their offense did by shutting down Shellenberger and Moore. They scored their usual amount of goals and the defense made sure there was no way we were going to keep pace with them.

kudos to cornell for battling back in the 4th. and hats off to the twerps. undefeated champs. they rolled.
maybe one day we'll be back in the conversation.

getting those 2 players back really changed them for the better.

I thought this game was a good endorsement for getting rid of the final four and moving the final to the next weekend.
Neither team played particularly well. The offenses struggled, lots of turnovers,...

If you throw the teams out there with one day's rest, you'll get some sort of hard fought game, but it might not be the showcase game you wanted.

I thought this game was a good endorsement for getting rid of the final four and moving the final to the next weekend.
Neither team played particularly well. The offenses struggled, lots of turnovers,...

If you throw the teams out there with one day's rest, you'll get some sort of hard fought game, but it might not be the showcase game you wanted.

I agree with moving the championship back a week. This isn’t college basketball. Attendance was pretty much the same for both Saturday and Monday so fans still came out. Your not getting a drop off from the teams who don’t make Monday’s game.

Yeah I've always appreciated the format of 2 games in 3 days, but I think there is solid evidence that giving a week in between would be better. I was a little surprised how out of gas Maryland looked in the 4th but the way the circumstances broke for them on Saturday maybe it shouldn't have been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom