NCAA Going After Pitino...Again | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Going After Pitino...Again

I hate how selective and discriminatory the NCAA's "enforcement" is. It's like they are the FBI under J. Edgar Hoover - they have an enemies list. I hate the NCAA.
sure feels that way - I just don't get where the bias for and against certain schools/people/etc comes from...seems the org itself should be pretty neutral (or, actually, extremely so) without much effort.

Pitino will go back to Kentucky and the NCAA will cease and desists, just watch.

Rumor has it that we lost a couple of pretty good guards to this Syracuse fan favorite...Bobby Cremins.

Because of some stretching of the rules.

He allegedly gave carte blanche to everybody and anybody who could land a top recruit:

NCAA Alleges Rick Pitino Authorized Bribery of Recruit, per Report - Sports Illustrated

Guess that ends the Pitino to SU boomlet.
Not in the wheelhouse. Now there is a rumor that he gave a kid a dime for a phone call while an SU asset. JB loses 106 wins, SU pays 2 million dollar fine and receives a 5 year death penalty for lack of Institutional Control. SU agrees to cooperate with further investigation revolving around the rumor he bought a player shoe laces for his sneakers at halftime of the 1977 St Bonnie's game.

Pitino will go back to Kentucky and the NCAA will cease and desists, just watch.
I don't think he's new and shiny enough for the Kentucky fanbase.

I don't think he's new and shiny enough for the Kentucky fanbase.
They want to win and they know Pitino can win there. It would be hilarious to see the NCAA go silent.

They want to win and they know Pitino can win there. It would be hilarious to see the NCAA go silent.
I mean, everything about that would be hilarious. I think Pitino would probably do well but he's not long for the coaching world. He probably stays at Iona before retiring downstate. He's quite happy there.

I mean, everything about that would be hilarious. I think Pitino would probably do well but he's not long for the coaching world. He probably stays at Iona before retiring downstate. He's quite happy there.
I'm sure Rick would like to win another ship and stick to some of his friends in the NCAA. He could do that at UK and there's nothing they could do about it except sit there and look corrupt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom