ncaa hopes | Syracusefan.com

ncaa hopes

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
heres what im thinking

8-10, outside looking in the bubble, need some acc tourny work
9-9, on the bubble but think we'd sneak in, an acc tourny win would be nice
10-8, lock even with 0 acc tourny wins

the bonnies loss hurts, if we win that then i think 9-9 would safely get us in. i think 10 acc wins is the magic # now for a nice relaxing selection sunday.

Right now, with our lack of firepower and our lack of manpower, 9-9 looks like a real challenge.
Hope our team chemistry and tight defense pull a couple of wins out of the magician's hat.

Right now, with our lack of firepower and our lack of manpower, 9-9 looks like a real challenge.
Hope our team chemistry and tight defense pull a couple of wins out of the magician's hat.
Have you seen some of the other ACC teams? Every game will be a battle but we will be capable of beating every team on our schedule not named Duke at Duke

Have you seen some of the other ACC teams? Every game will be a battle but we will be capable of beating every team on our schedule not named Duke at Duke

Agreed. This is the weakest the ACC has been since we joined the conference.

We control our own destiny. Can't ask for much more than that from what looked like a sure fire down year.

2 Charts

upload_2017-12-29_21-11-28.png

A 9-9 record in the ACC is not as good right now, as it was at about 3 weeks ago. The ACC had a mediocre last 2/3 of December, and it moved down to #4 in the Conference RPI... this may influence a game or two in terms of quality of victory.

That being said a difference of .024 between the ACC and the Big Ten looks small, but in reality it is quite massive. The BIG is certainly getting LESS seeds this year than normal. So that may help the ACC secure another spot.

upload_2017-12-29_21-16-51.png

We are still trending towards an RPI of #34, if we go 9-9 in the ACC. It could be a fairly empty resume, so we could go fom being on the bubble with the highest RPI for an at-large, to being on the bubble with the lowest RPI not getting in from the ACC in a long long time.

I would still be very surprised if 9 ACC wins does not get us enough good to get in. Remember we will have much less negative stuff to overcome if we get to 9-9.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-29_21-9-32.png
    upload_2017-12-29_21-9-32.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 15
heres what im thinking

the bonnies loss hurts, if we win that then i think 9-9 would safely get us in. i think 10 acc wins is the magic # now for a nice relaxing selection sunday.

Louisville and Notre Dame are not very good this year. We need to beat them. The two teams are highly ranked by humans and pass eye ball test. After beating them, we won't be a bubble team.

heres what im thinking

Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest and relaxation, hopefully the team gets the message. I haven't been too relaxed the last few years.