NCAA investigating Michigan football for alleged sign-stealing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA investigating Michigan football for alleged sign-stealing

they wont be allowed to play a week zero game next yr.. even the one they never had scheduled..
They will have to play Akron twice with both games counting towards bowl eligibility

This convinces me that the football program, including Harbaugh, knew:

"But a source said it was known in the building that he spent much of his time deciphering opponents' signals, often watching television copies of opponents' games. On Stalions' Instagram page, there are photos of him on the sideline next to two of Michigan's former defensive playcallers, Don Brown and Mike Macdonald.

"He had one role," said a source with knowledge of Michigan's staff.

This convinces me that the football program, including Harbaugh, knew:

"But a source said it was known in the building that he spent much of his time deciphering opponents' signals, often watching television copies of opponents' games. On Stalions' Instagram page, there are photos of him on the sideline next to two of Michigan's former defensive playcallers, Don Brown and Mike Macdonald.

"He had one role," said a source with knowledge of Michigan's staff.
Glad to know the taxpayers paid for his stellar education being put to use, not in service of our country, but to gain competitive advantage in a game. How come wise guys like this manage to avoid deployment?

As a longtime, diehard New England Patriots fan, I'm heartened to see such solidarity in agreeing that sign stealing accusations are BS.

Some interesting info included with this story, didn't see it posted here yet

NCAA investigating Michigan football for alleged sign-stealing

"“The Big Ten Conference has notified Michigan State University and future opponents,” the conference said in a statement...

A number of programs through the years have been accused of stealing an opposing team’s signals. In the lead-up to the 2020-21 College Football Playoff semifinals, Ohio State Coach Ryan Day hinted that Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables seemed to have inside information about opposing offenses.

Venables “seems to always know exactly what the other team is doing,” Day told reporters at a news conference ahead of his team’s CFP semifinal meeting the Tigers. “Why that is I don’t really know. But I can tell you that he’s been doing it for a long time.”

Ohio State defeated Clemson, 49-28, with Buckeyes quarterback Justin Fields admitting afterward that the offense called more plays in the huddle to thwart Clemson’s sign-stealing."
My gut says Boeheim loses a bunch more wins.

a directional Michigan school about to get slapped silly by the NCAA

I really think people are seriously underestimating how much the powers that be at the NCAA hate Jim Harbaugh. If they can find a way to severely punish him while mostly leaving Michigan alone, that’ll be an option - but if Michigan has to get hit with some penalties in their effort to get Harbaugh, the folks at the NCAA will look at that as acceptable collateral damage.

It is odd. If I remember correctly, FSU learned about Jared Verse when they sent representatives to the SU vs Albany game.

That’s not accurate.

The B10 is going to end up taking this more seriously than they do with all their rapist and pedophile schools.

It is odd. If I remember correctly, FSU learned about Jared Verse when they sent representatives to the SU vs Albany game.
Wait, FSU is way too broke to fund reps to attend games throughout the country to scout for future players, and scout teams. They must have used a go fund me account. :p

This is actually pretty interesting. I will say that the sign stealing or more specifically, the stealing of electronic communication has crossed my mind before.

The one in particular was when SU played ND at Yankee Stadium and the Irish wore those Yankee ”tribute” uniforms. There were some plays that day that ND blew up and/ or completely shut down that I had never seen SU run before…..and I watch them every week in person or on TV.

I was wondering since it was a “neutral” site whether there was some funny business going on if access was provided that would not, normally, be available.

SUOrange44

Wow

Got to be honest, the fact that dude didn’t even really try to be covert about this is kind of funny.

Harbaugh’s agent is going to put his name in every nfl coaching rumor from here on out.

i didnt realize the had removed so much from what the teams can do now.. reading further no devices in the team boxes like ipads and video either?

I wish baseball would do this so teams had to do replay in real time and not use video to make their decisions for them.

Also explains why some replay decisions dont get made if no one is helping the coaches decide

I think baseball is the best, a few seconds and its normally play on.

As a longtime, diehard New England Patriots fan, I'm heartened to see such solidarity in agreeing that sign stealing accusations are BS.

It's not like there was breaking and entering during practice :)

Honestly if it happens in the game in broad daylight so be it. This seems really silly and overthought all the way around. Beats flopping...

It's not like there was breaking and entering during practice :)

Honestly if it happens in the game in broad daylight so be it. This seems really silly and overthought all the way around. Beats flopping...
That actually never happened. The Boston Herald reporter who published that story years ago ended up recanting it because his source was wrong. Not that anyone cared, the mob had already formed.