NCAA is a joke | Syracusefan.com

NCAA is a joke

And UNC is still unscathed.

complain if they set rules like dont pay players and then complain when they cant enforce stuff. not sure what they can do except be a bit more consistent in punishment

Dumb rich kids trying to get in as "athletes" including kids of Lori Loughlin (actress full house) and Felicity Huffman Real wives......Crooked Tennis Soccer Swimming coaches.....

Not that any of it is ok, but paying that much for a school like USC?

Not that any of it is ok, but paying that much for a school like USC?
It’s not USC the school overall it’s the USC film school which is the breeding ground for Hollywood jobs.
My cousin went to USC film school and it basically got her a good job with WB upon graduation.
USC film degree is like a Harvard or a Yale degree for that field.
It’s like the Newhouse school for Hollywood jobs instead of sports broadcasting.

It’s not USC the school overall it’s the USC film school which is the breeding ground for Hollywood jobs.
My cousin went to USC film school and it basically got her a good job with WB upon graduation.
USC film degree is like a Harvard or a Yale degree for that field.
It’s like the Newhouse school for Hollywood jobs instead of sports broadcasting.
My bro in law did USC film for his master's.

Hasn't quite worked out for him yet. I think he learned some weird lessons from it though.

My bro in law did USC film for his master's.

Hasn't quite worked out for him yet. I think he learned some weird lessons from it though.
I am sure he will be fine USC alums own Hollywood studios. Depends on the job he is looking for.

Based on the news reports, there is nothing for the NCAA to punish anyone for. You can recruit 500 walk-ons a year in one of or all your sports, but as long as you don't exceed the scholarship limits, you haven't broken any rules. The biggest fact preventing the NCAA from becoming involved is that the students never participated in athletics.

Here's the deal on these non-revenue sports.

The coaches get a certain number of recruits they can get into school who otherwise would not be admitted. They call admissions, give them the info, and they are in.

I Iearned about this when my wife, son and I met with the Georgetown soccer coach. He gets 7 passes a year. He and the other coaches trade them, depending on recruiting needs each year. Found it fascinating.

Essentially, athletes are viewed as bringing unique talents into the school to round out the school experience, like a musician or actor would bring. Those talents offset the academics.

Here's the deal on these non-revenue sports.

The coaches get a certain number of recruits they can get into school who otherwise would not be admitted. They call admissions, give them the info, and they are in.

I Iearned about this when my wife, son and I met with the Georgetown soccer coach. He gets 7 passes a year. He and the other coaches trade them, depending on recruiting needs each year. Found it fascinating.

Essentially, athletes are viewed as bringing unique talents into the school to round out the school experience, like a musician or actor would bring. Those talents offset the academics.

Did you tell him the time and Georgetown still sucks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom