NCAA legislation | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA legislation

Be the change you want to see in the world.
I argue for regular people quite often. I, however, am not the media and don't represent the sector of sports fans that have become more rabid, elevating sports to an unhealthy importance in our society. I spend less time watching sports/sports oriented television than I ever have.

That's a separate issue about the safety of the game and the extent to which some athletes go to to participate. If a guy can't increase weight and be healthy, he shouldn't increase weight. But it's what guys do when they are too slow or immobile to play a lighter position. Something is wrong. Sports should promote physical fitness, not the opposite.
With "only" half of non lineman developing high blood pressure in one year, the issue is not just weight. Lack of sleep, and 16+ hour days can stress the body. Exercise lowers blood pressure. The demands are high enough that elite 19 year old athletes may have the heart health of a 50 year old. Crazy.

With "only" half of non lineman developing high blood pressure in one year, the issue is not just weight. Lack of sleep, and 16+ hour days can stress the body. Exercise lowers blood pressure. The demands are high enough that elite 19 year old athletes may have the heart health of a 50 year old. Crazy.
I missed the non-lineman part. I only saw the headline. Is this a trend in only football? Is it only FBS? Does it exist in the offseason? Regardless, this is not the topic of this thread but is a separate and important topic.

I missed the non-lineman part. I only saw the headline. Is this a trend in only football? Is it only FBS? Does it exist in the offseason? Regardless, this is not the topic of this thread but is a separate and important topic.
Beats me. It does say their hearts grow thicker.

It was more an argument to counter "the scholarship is enough" position. The position was, why do we argue over 20 year olds getting screwed, when people twice their age have been getting screwed their whole life's? In essence, one season of football, can interfere with their heart health the same as it took a middle ager's lifetime of screwing...

Any legislation would be in regards to athletes rights/$$ etc. I thought a larger look into what the athletes go through would be of relevance.

Bag men and sneaker companies have been paying players for years.

There have been models where just compensating athletes from the Y-O-Y increase in revenue wouldn't affect title iX. As conferences equally share the wealth, any compensation could be balanced between the haves, and have nots.

Endorsements, not so much.

Something is going to give, regardless, IMO. IIRC, the NCAA believes it will lose the Alston case
Bag men paying players has consequences for not only the player but for the school.

What this will do is completely remove those consequences and be a free for all.

Without controls that create some degree of parity collegiate sports will forever be ruined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom