NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5

Looks like Baylor's rugby team showed up instead. They're a ugly to watch as Texas Tech was 2 years ago.

The offensive foul on Suggs was not a good call.
Ugly to watch lol that's nuts. They move the ball really well and share it equally well. Their PG went 69 minutes of play committing one turnover and they lead the country in 3 point shooting and u make them sound like they're a bunch of hacking chumps that don't know to play.

Kenny Smith - does not want the Zags to come out in a Zone as that is passive - I have a feeling JB just lost his #!$@ after hearing that...
Kenny Smith should be the next UNC coach.

Kenny Smith - does not want the Zags to come out in a Zone as that is passive - I have a feeling JB just lost his #!$@ after hearing that...

"If you change to man because they hit some 3's, you're not a zone coach."

JA Boeheim

No pressure when it gets to the middle in the possessions I watched closely (unfortunately also doing some work). Timme just lays back 5-6 feet from the basket.

I know people say we don't do much physical contact because of the zone -- and we don't on the perimeter like other teams. But Syracuse can get very physical and "hacky" at times when the ball gets in the middle as the player is attacked from multiple angles.

Timme doesn't do much in the zone, and seems to be struggling when he gets pulled to the top on roll action as well. Maybe I am only watching the wrong possessions.
Timme is vaguely interested in defense. Very nice offensive player but he rests on the other end.

Timme is vaguely interested in defense. Very nice offensive player but he rests on the other end.
i don't think it is interest, I think it is ability.

I know some on this board think the NBA doesn't play defence -- but that is not true with a good number of teams -- there is just so many good offensive players.

If you have a 5 that is disinterested in the defensive game in space your team will get exposed hard in the NBA. I'm not sure TImme gets drafted (currently projected as a 2nd rounder)

Animated GIF
since halftime started... my goodness

I know some on this board think the NBA doesn't play defence -- but that is not true with a good number of teams -- there is just so many good offensive players.

If you have a 5 that is disinterested in the defensive game in space your team will get exposed hard in the NBA. I'm not sure TImme gets drafted (currently projected as a 2nd rounder)

If he comes back they are going to be just as difficult to beat next year.

Agreed. The NBA seems a long shot for him as he has limited range and like u say will get hurt when he has to play defense.

Bad call refs doing whatever they can to make this closer.
those are their orders...the announcers seem to be doing their best to will gonzaga back in the game.

blowouts are bad for ratings and $$$$ from commercial sponsors.

If he comes back they are going to be just as difficult to beat next year.

Gonzaga will be difficult to beat for at least the next 5 years.

They still get good players that tend to stay longer, but add to that they are reloading with great recruits year after year at this point.

Look at the 3pt stats - if it regresses to the mean, the Zags should do well in the second half.

You have to wonder if the Zags cut further into the lead, whether the moment starts to become too big for Baylor. Gonzaga had their gut-check 2 days ago.
i think baylor is the team that will not crack even if the game gets even somehow.

Suggs and Kispert are gone. Ayayi probably as well.

They have about 3-4 top 100 guys on the Bench that didn’t play this year and if they are likely going to get Kessler.

Didn’t know where to put this but I lol’d

Great solid punch start for Baylor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom