NCAA searches for new low by denying Marine eligibility | Syracusefan.com

NCAA searches for new low by denying Marine eligibility

This is the same as a basketball player taking part in a church pick up league and being suspended and they would neve... oh wait yeah they already did.

Shameful stuff. Would love it if the POTUS would give Emmert a call about this and tell him to fix it right now. If this guy spent the past 5 years playing minor league baseball instead of serving his country the ncaa would let him play.

What a joke! The NCAA is run by a bunch of guys who were never good enough to play a sport and now use their power to screw people who are good enough to play. The only place with more guys like this is broadcast booths.

When I moved here to Overland Park, KS the NCAA was still headquartered here and I thought it might be pretty well to work there. Now I'd be embarrassed if I was stupid enough to be qualified to work there.

When I moved here to Overland Park, KS the NCAA was still headquartered here and I thought it might be pretty well to work there. Now I'd be embarrassed if I was stupid enough to be qualified to work there.
OP shout out! Roe south of 95th baby!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

First of all, forget the part about playing in an organized League. He was in the military. That alone should delay his eligibility clock from starting to tick. What a stupid rule.

That is pretty pathetic. Meanwhile UK continues to pay HS kids to come play for Pay Pal and Co. and the NCAA turns it's head.

That is pretty pathetic. Meanwhile UK continues to pay HS kids to come play for Pay Pal and Co. and the NCAA turns it's head.

Yup...the NCAA must be really pissed off at UK and PayPalCal...to take it out on a Marine veteran and Middle Tenn St!!

Most, if not all, military intramural leagues are now of the flag variety (due to safety concerns) and there is no tackling, wearing of gear, etc. Next the NCAA will deny eligibility to anyone who plays football with family and friends on Thanksgiving!!!

Yup...the NCAA must be really pissed off at UK and PayPalCal...to take it out on a Marine veteran and Middle Tenn St!!

Most, if not all, military intramural leagues are now of the flag variety (due to safety concerns) and there is no tackling, wearing of gear, etc. Next the NCAA will deny eligibility to anyone who plays football with family and friends on Thanksgiving!!!

Most family Thanksgiving games have more football talent than UConn so I can see that.