NCAA Suggests 6 Weeks Of Practice Before Games | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Suggests 6 Weeks Of Practice Before Games

I don't understand the quote at the end about "five months".

Five months from this Friday is October 1.
I don't take much from it...probably mispoke. It won't surprise me if we start 2-3 weeks later than normal.

Here is a link to the report.

I don't know who is on the Football Oversight Committee, but let's assume some football coaches are included. Color me not shocked that someone like Mullen recommends an 8-week runway, but would settle for 6 (and I am a Mullen fan). Ridiculous stance that of course does not take in account the on-field safety of the player. And that's not even including Covid-19, which is obviously another MAJOR factor.

Football coaches are a neurotic, self-centered bunch. Almost all are paranoid control freaks. Eight weeks is high comedy. Six is a joke.

They want 6-8 weeks to test and condition at first. Then install the plays. It makes sense to me. Remember most teams had little to no Spring Practice.

I don’t remember. What is the normal time frame when camp opens before the first game of the year?

I don’t remember. What is the normal time frame when camp opens before the first game of the year?

Give or take two months. In any case, we're going to see a fair amount of out of football shape players on the field this year.

Last year camp opened Aug 2. First game was Aug 31.

However, most the players were on campus taking classes during the 2nd Summer Semester in July, and participating in S&C.

id say 4 weeks on campus should be enough but allow virtual meetings to install playbook and things in the classroom setting 2-3 weeks before .

you have a small number of kids at that level that will let it slide, you can still maintain, maybe you cant build up because of nutrition issues.

The best case scenario is football players return to workouts summer session 2 July 1st
All players will arrive 2 weeks early and be in quarantine. Cuse has great chance as we have low amounts of cases then team lifting captains 7 on 7 stuff like that can happen However to have camp all teams will have to be green lighted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom