NCAA Sweet 16 Games for Saturday March 27 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Sweet 16 Games for Saturday March 27

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1616857797625.png

1616810570728.png

I know we can’t look ahead at all
; but both of Loyola’s guards are under 6’1” ...

I know we can’t look ahead at all
; but both of Loyola’s guards are under 6’1” ...
Marek againt the Loyola center would be epic but so would playing against Stevie's son. If can get by Houston great match up either way.

Marek againt the Loyola center would be epic but so would playing against Stevie's son. If can get by Houston great match up either way.
Yep. Today would be tougher than Monday - I bet Houston thinks the same too.

Oregon state has a massive center but the dude can barely move - no idea how he could guard anyone against us

Both Loyola and OState create difficult match ups. Id rather play OState as Loyola is so well coached and there center will be a handful for Gumby.

Both Loyola and OState create difficult match ups. Id rather play OState as Loyola is so well coached and there center will be a handful for Gumby.
Marek would have an advantage offensively big time, as would our guards (all 3) against Loyola.

I think we matchup beyyrr with both of these teams as opposed to Houston (no surprise, look at the seeds).

but I hate looking ahead

im rooting for oregon st. loyola is a top 10 kenpom team, and made the final 4 in 2018. and took apart illinois. id rather face a team thats never been here before.

This.

Also - assuming we get past Houston, then the whole father & son / Syracuse connection w the Boeheims & Thompson’s would be amazing.

We also beat down a Wayne Tinkle team a few years ago - although he has much better talent on this Oregon State team than he did at Montana. But I’d take my chances on him coaching against the zone vs. Moser.

Let’s go Oregon St!

Oregon state going to give them some zone practice it looks too. Should we win that's a plus for Loyola.

I still don’t understand why they put the worst game of the weekend on paper (Arkansas vs Oral Roberts) in the best time slot...
I explained this in another thread. They are guaranteed eyeballs in that timeslot, so they put the "worst" matchup there. That's why SU, the biggest draw, is on late.

Oregon state going to give them some zone practice it looks too. Should we win that's a plus for Loyola.

But we all know that not a single zone compares to ours. Let Loyola feel comfortable because IF we play them they may be in for a rude awakening if they think the zone they see today is like ours.

Oregon St’s offense looks awful.

Like Illinois, Oregon State runs a lot action off picks from their big guy and then send him to the post. Loyola shut that down for the Illini. Oregon state doesn't have the one on one players to hurt them so it's going to be really hard unless they sacrifice defense for offense and go smaller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom