NCAA Tourney Sites for 2017 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Tourney Sites for 2017

I'm starting to put less stock in these "home" NCAAT games. Didn't seem to hurt Nova this year not getting Philly. It's a nice reward but not a huge deal. Much better to have a Middle Tenn State beat the 2 seed in your bracket.

I'm starting to put less stock in these "home" NCAAT games. Didn't seem to hurt Nova this year not getting Philly. It's a nice reward but not a huge deal. Much better to have a Middle Tenn State beat the 2 seed in your bracket.

yea its a little overrated. we had a huge crowd advantage in boston in 2012 and barely beat wisconsin and lost to ohio st. lost to dayton in buffalo in 2014. matchups are more important. id rather play a 15 seed in the 2nd round in boise than a 4 seed or whatever in buffalo.

msg would probably be different though, there would be a TON of orange.

Duke has Allen, Jefferson, Kennard, and the TOP 2 recruits in the nation. Duke will be ten deep next year with scary NBA talent.
They are the class of the ACC and nation next year. Duke will get Greensboro/MSG next year. We could get Buffalo for sure though and then Memphis/Kansas City/San Jose.

I think we could be on par with Duke, if mal comes back.

yea its a little overrated. we had a huge crowd advantage in boston in 2012 and barely beat wisconsin and lost to ohio st. lost to dayton in buffalo in 2014. matchups are more important. id rather play a 15 seed in the 2nd round in boise than a 4 seed or whatever in buffalo.

It doesn't really dictate how well you play but if it helps you get a call & is worth a basket that can be all the difference in the world. Who knows but that Wisconsin game may have very well been a loss if it was in Salt Lake, or Butler a narrow win in Boston.

The #2 out West is usually a nice spot though so I would sign up for that.

Duke has a ton of gimmes at home, and all their tough games on the road next year. Are they really going to be better than us if we have an improved Mal and Lydon back? They go to Cuse, UVA, and Louisville next year and play none of those teams at home.

At the same time, do their freshman adjust to the competition? The guys UK and Duke got this year outside of Ingram and Murray weren't exactly special.

Some of you are underselling how good we could be next year if all the pieces come into place.

The reason I am excited about it isn't so much it helps SU win as it makes it easier for me to attend the SU NCAA tournament games. I want to be sure SU fans willing to gamble a bit are first in line for tickets for these venues. If SU ends up elsewhere, it should be easy to flip good tickets for a healthy profit.

Worst case: Mo money. Mo money. Mo money.

If any of us, myself included, could accurately predict the future I doubt we would spend the time on our private tropical islands to discuss things on Internet message boards. If there is anything I have learned in my 36 years about sports, it's that you never know what will happen. For every Carmelo Anthony and Anthony Davis there are plenty of Winfred Waltons and Josh Selbys.

Duke has a ton of gimmes at home, and all their tough games on the road next year. Are they really going to be better than us if we have an improved Mal and Lydon back? They go to Cuse, UVA, and Louisville next year and play none of those teams at home.

At the same time, do their freshman adjust to the competition? The guys UK and Duke got this year outside of Ingram and Murray weren't exactly special.

Some of you are underselling how good we could be next year if all the pieces come into place.

Agree completely. So many things have to go right for a team to have a great season (fewer for Duke, maybe, because they get Duke treatment). Ingram didn't lead them to the promised land this season, just like a lot of well-regarded players before him.

I'll crown them when they play a few months of good basketball, show their individuals can gel as a group, beat the good teams on their schedule. For the next 48 weeks, the Garden's open for whoever makes the plays and wins the games.

Maybe SU could end up as a #7 seed and get put in the MSG region like storz in 2014.

Can't we still get MSG just not as a one seed?

Maybe as a 4 seed, but not as a 2; they would send us elsewhere.

Having a game close to home is crucial for the NCAA. Fans get an opportunity to see their team in the tourney. Look at 2010, 2-0 in Buffalo, had we played Butler in the east coast, we win ha game,

2012, the win vs. Wisconsin at Boston, the fans helped the team. The Badgers hit 6 threes in a row and we still won the game.

Washington DC in 2013 helped as well.

Being close to home means you had a good regular season. Look at Albany and Boston in 03

Allen is coming back and the talent Duke has next year is Kentucky level with good upperclassman and an actual good coach.

Duke will be a 1 seed next year. Syracuse will be really good next year and we could get Buffalo but Duke will be the preseason 1 or 2 in pretty much every poll.
I just see Grayson Allen imploding. Inconsistent and several red flags on his character.

You all take care of the east and get us to Glendale!!!!!

Hopefully everyone can come out here to AZ and we'll be in the FF
Linda has been AMAZING for our Syracuse Fan club out here

It sets up nicely for us with Buffalo a first round site and the Eastern Regional at MSG. We could theoretically get to the Final Four without leaving New York. I am sure Doug Gottlieb will be thrilled if that happens.

2017 HOST ROUND SITE VENUE

March 14, 15 Dayton First Four Dayton, Ohio UD Arena
March 16, 18 MAAC First, Second Buffalo, N.Y. First Niagara Center
March 16, 18 Marquette First, Second Milwaukee BMO Harris Bradley Center
March 16, 18 UCF, Stetson First, Second Orlando, Fla. Amway Center
March 16, 18 Utah First, Second Salt Lake City EnergySolutions Arena
March 17, 19 ACC First, Second Greensboro, N.C. Greensboro Coliseum
March 17, 19 Horizon, IUPUI First, Second Indianapolis Bankers Life Fieldhouse
March 17, 19 Tulsa First, Second Tulsa, Okla. BOK Center
March 17, 19 CSU Sacramento First, Second Sacramento, Calif. Entertainment and Sports Center
March 23, 25 Big 12 Midwest Regional Kansas City Sprint Center
March 23,25 Pac-12 West Regional San Jose, Calif. SAP Center
March 24, 26 Memphis South Regional Memphis, Tenn. FedExForum
March 24, 26 St. John's, Big East East Regional New York Madison Square Garden

If you are game for it, you can buy premium tickets to the games in Buffalo (the NCAA Fan Experience) now for only $525.50 per ticket. Yes, the NCAA has institutionalized scalping, cutting out the middle man. At least for pre-pre-sales...

Or sign up for the pre-sale so you will be notified when tickets go on sale.

http://www.ncaa.com/tickets/basketball-men/d1
Understand the long odds (and even longer odds of being able to pull it off) but NCAA tourney + close access to Napa (Sacramento) could be my nirvana.

do we play duke twice next year?
No. Only 1 game, in the Dome.

Syracuse 2016-17
Home/Road: Boston College, Pitt, Georgia Tech, Louisville
Home: Florida State, Miami, Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia
Road: Clemson, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame

No. Only 1 game, in the Dome.

Syracuse 2016-17
Home/Road: Boston College, Pitt, Georgia Tech, Louisville
Home: Florida State, Miami, Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia
Road: Clemson, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame

Thanks,
Its the teams that you end up playing twice/three times a year that brings me stress, and playing two road teams instead of one on their senior night like we had this year. imo playing two teams on senior night makes no sense and is unfair, even more so because we had the toughest acc schedule and probably the toughest conference schedule in the country. We shouldn't have to play two different opponents on their senior night for another 15 years though minimum. The acc can figure a way to make that happen, its simple math.

Only playing Duke once and at home, they are are less of an concern next year ACC tournament aside. I am wicked psyched for next year already, bringing home number 23 would make it so much better.

Last edited: