NCAA wants to change rules for graduate transfers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA wants to change rules for graduate transfers

I still think that athletes who have gone pro when they still had eligibility should be able to return to school to get their degree and play for the school's sports teams while they do it. Let's get some of the talent back. it could re-start some stalled careers.

I still think that athletes who have gone pro when they still had eligibility should be able to return to school to get their degree and play for the school's sports teams while they do it. Let's get some of the talent back. it could re-start some stalled careers.
That's a recipe for chaos. How does a coach deal with roster management, i.e. the number of scholarships? If a player goes to a different school, do you apply the sit-out-a-year transfer rule? What's the cut-off for when someone can return - a year? 5 years? 10 years? What's really needed is a viable minor league system for the NBA. If you can't hack it with the big team, you get sent back down to the minors, just like in baseball. I'm not sorry to say that I have less than zero sympathy for what happens to anyone that leaves early. All of them are convinced that they won't be the next Kwame Brown. Most (>90%?) of them will be wrong.

I applaud your ability to think outside the box but that's all I applaud about this idea. These guys have had their chance and went pro. I'd rather watch the next generation rather than the past again in addition to the issues that Hoos That mentions.

That's a recipe for chaos. How does a coach deal with roster management, i.e. the number of scholarships? If a player goes to a different school, do you apply the sit-out-a-year transfer rule? What's the cut-off for when someone can return - a year? 5 years? 10 years? What's really needed is a viable minor league system for the NBA. If you can't hack it with the big team, you get sent back down to the minors, just like in baseball. I'm not sorry to say that I have less than zero sympathy for what happens to anyone that leaves early. All of them are convinced that they won't be the next Kwame Brown. Most (>90%?) of them will be wrong.

We already have chaotic rosters. Players get recruited over. The returning players wouldn't necessarily need scholarships. I don't see why a cut-off would be needed. I agree that a minor-league system would be the best option. I think college ball would still be popular due to traditional loyalties in small markets.

We already have chaotic rosters. Players get recruited over. The returning players wouldn't necessarily need scholarships. I don't see why a cut-off would be needed. I agree that a minor-league system would be the best option. I think college ball would still be popular due to traditional loyalties in small markets.

If the returning players wouldn't need scholarships under your idea, would you at least have roster limits?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom