NCAA woes | Syracusefan.com

NCAA woes

Roger N

Beer: Ask your Doctor If It's Right For you
The Washington Post has an article complaining about the excesses of the NCAA. I copied a paragraph which will get your dander up.

"At the top of NCAA headquarters sit 10 executives whose collective salaries amount to $8 million annually, topped by Emmert’s $2.7 million in compensation."

Something has to give. The whole concept of college sports is at risk. Most colleges are going to be priced out of being able to compete except for those at the very top. From paying athletes to over priced coaches. It wasn't that long ago that LSU paid Sabin a $million. That started it. Now every major college coach makes millions

The greed is overwhelming. Don't get me started about the NFL. The Greed of Roger Goodell to the NFL doubling their TV rights. They've added a 17th game. How the Players stand for it is beyond me. The way the NFL pensions are structured you have to play five years to vest, yet most players only play 3 years or less. It's enough to make Robert Kraft need a massage. Oh wait, I guess that didn't happen.

I didn't read the article but what do you want the head of the NCAA to make?

For the heads of a billion dollar industry, seems pretty modest
Reasonable for a competent executive.

It's going to be interesting if the SCOTUS blows the NCAA's business model out of the water; which seems a possibility, given the questioning this week. Hell, even Thomas had questions for the NCAA--and they weren't very friendly ones.

I'm surprised they make so much less than so many coaches.

I didn't read the article but what do you want the head of the NCAA to make?
Given their integrity and knowledge of college sports in general they should not be paid a cent. In particular the current "head of the sake" running the show now.