ND 2-0 over ALbany - O'connor owns the X for ND | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ND 2-0 over ALbany - O'connor owns the X for ND

Miles and Ty are graduating so 4 years with the thompsons and they have 1 tourney win. Lyle's on his own next year, they will be lucky to make the tourney
Albany may not be back in the tourney next season, but I wouldn't write them off entirely. They do have some decent history as a program. Remember Resitarits, Thomson and Queener? They gave SU fits just a few years ago. I expect Marr will continue to recruit well. He'll likely continue to bring in Canadians and/or Natives to beef up his roster.

You must be young, or have a short memory.

1983 championship game--Hopkins 12, SU 5 well into the 3rd.

Final: SU 17, Hopkins 16.

I was 11 in 1983 and had absolutely 0 interest in sports at the time.

I was 11 in 1983 and had absolutely 0 interest in sports at the time.
Then you ought to do a bit more research before declaring it unlikely that a game has "ever" been so in the bag.

Then you ought to do a bit more research before declaring it unlikely that a game has "ever" been so in the bag.
You can lighten up a bit, I think. It's probably not the first time hyperbole has been used on the internet...;)

You can lighten up a bit, I think. It's probably not the first time hyperbole has been used on the internet...;)
Maybe I should. But I think any SU lax fan would be aware of the game that announced the arrival of the Orange on the national scene.

Plus, I am captain of the Hyperbole Patrol.:)

Maybe I should.

Yah, definitely should. It was hyperbolic, but not far off. Getting to the F4 was Albany's NC. Anyhow, it is in the pointless to debate category. Clearly JHU fans suffered a worse letdown in '83. And yes, I was aware of the '83 game. But, don't feel the need to run through a db of historical games before posting. Huge letdown for Albany is the point. The fact there was worse joylessness in Mudville in 1924 is not worth exploring.

If anything, as a fan of writing in general, I try to avoid cliches, hyperbole, and black/white statements. However, they are easy crutches, and frankly I fail all too often in avoiding them. My bad, never again. Oops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom