ND 30 pts first ten minutes. 12 pts second ten minutes. | Syracusefan.com

ND 30 pts first ten minutes. 12 pts second ten minutes.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Playing right into the old professor's hands.

They got the same shots the second 10 minutes and they didn’t go in. I don’t think that was due to an adjustment or anything else JB did it just happened.

Mooney went off to start the game. He cooled down because of Sidibe.
The rest of ND’s offense was just chucking up 3’s that didn’t go in.

They got the same shots the second 10 minutes and they didn’t go in. I don’t think that was due to an adjustment or anything else JB did it just happened.
Exactly. JAB plays the percentages. He knows that hot teams will eventually return to their norm. There was no way ND was going to continue that pace and score 120 pts.

Exactly. JAB plays the percentages. He knows that hot teams will eventually return to their norm. There was no way ND was going to continue that pace and score 120 pts.
The percentages strategy only works if you have an offense that can withstand that barrage. They were on pace for 120 but we weren't that far behind. The zone will continue to get torched, the only difference is we have the ability to trade baskets.

Depaul says hi... UVA from last year says hi... this the biggest complaint I have always had about the zone. You are playing the odds and if god forbid some crap team or even worse some really elite gets, hot then you are toast.

The percentages strategy only works if you have an offense that can withstand that barrage. They were on pace for 120 but we weren't that far behind. The zone will continue to get torched, the only difference is we have the ability to trade baskets.
It was 30-20. Down only ten but would have been a lot larger at that pace (120-80). But yeah, our offense is a huge difference maker.

Depaul says hi... UVA from last year says hi... this the biggest complaint I have always had about the zone. You are playing the odds and if god forbid some crap team or even worse some really elite gets, hot then you are toast.
DePaul??? That exactly justifies the argument if you have to go back that far. No one goes 40-0 every year. Or like ever.

Incorrect. JB mentioned in his presser that they started out playing the zone like we've been seeing in recent games, with the guards cheating in to prevent the pass to the foul line. He said that didn't work, so they went back to the old way of playing the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom