ND Contract with NBC Extended to 2029 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ND Contract with NBC Extended to 2029

Saw this from yesterday, and it will be interesting how the P5 schools and conferences navigate Notre Dame when this does happen (and lets be honest it will)

I assume the ACC will be part of it and so will ND.

Other articles are saying to expect when this happens, the athletes for the A5/P5 schools will get revenue sharing as part of the process. Of course, the athletes that go to B1G and SEC schools will get higher salaries than the other schools. Nice how that works for the haves.

The more interesting question, which has been discussed in some better articles on this situation, is what happens with college basketball after the A5/P5 split from the NCAA?

Most are saying the NCAA basketball tournament will remain the same post split, 'for a while'.

But that eventually, the A5/P5 are going to have their own tournament and control all the money it generates.

If splitting from the NCAA is also tied to revenue sharing, it will be interesting to see how that all works.

I assume the ACC will be part of it and so will ND.

Other articles are saying to expect when this happens, the athletes for the A5/P5 schools will get revenue sharing as part of the process. Of course, the athletes that go to B1G and SEC schools will get higher salaries than the other schools. Nice how that works for the haves.

The more interesting question, which has been discussed in some better articles on this situation, is what happens with college basketball after the A5/P5 split from the NCAA?

Most are saying the NCAA basketball tournament will remain the same post split, 'for a while'.

But that eventually, the A5/P5 are going to have their own tournament and control all the money it generates.

If splitting from the NCAA is also tied to revenue sharing, it will be interesting to see how that all works.
Yeah I think "when this happens" March Madness as we know it today is essentially over at that point. I could see the P5 schools doing a smaller tournament of just them, maybe 32 teams invited and having the big Network TV deal.

And the non-P5 schools will do their own deal (and maybe Gonzaga can finally win one then...haha) and it will be viewed much like how the NIT is viewed today as "the other tournament"

Yeah I think "when this happens" March Madness as we know it today is essentially over at that point. I could see the P5 schools doing a smaller tournament of just them, maybe 32 teams invited and having the big Network TV deal.

And the non-P5 schools will do their own deal (and maybe Gonzaga can finally win one then...haha) and it will be viewed much like how the NIT is viewed today as "the other tournament"
Agree, when they kill the golden goose and cut it in two, it will result in two tournaments people don't really care about.

The stewards of college sports will continue to do what makes the most money. Who cares what fans think or what is in the best interests of the players?