ND to the ACC (not football, of course) | Syracusefan.com

ND to the ACC (not football, of course)

And the floor crumbles a little more under the Big East. Wonder what Patino will have to say about this. :rolleyes:

FWIW, on the PC message board a guy claims to have a friend in the ND athletic office who says its a done deal.

You get to decide where this guy ranks versus the Maryland mole and the dude at WVU...

So I read this as the ACC taking another non-football school. Possibly Gtown?

15 is not exactly the most workable number.

So I read this as the ACC taking another non-football school. Possibly Gtown?

15 is not exactly the most workable number.
I'm hearing that they are looking for 16 and that they are not (what else is new).

Gtown doesn't makes sense, other than maybe adding the SU-Gtown rivalry to the TV stable.

Nova gives you philly, and they are a very solid program

SJU gives you NYC, but they are a much less solid program.

Interesting times, again.

This little nugget is the biggest takeaway for me:

"In addition to extending an invitation to Notre Dame, the Council of Presidents voted to increase the conference exit fees to three times the annual operating budget. Currently this would equate to an exit fee of over $50 million."

Damn. That was not in the original story...

So another school has to be coming into the ACC along with ND - I don't see them inviting a BBall only school - assuming they go for a football school is there interesting left to invite? Who do you think it will be?

So another school has to be coming into the ACC along with ND - I don't see them inviting a BBall only school - assuming they go for a football school is there interesting left to invite? Who do you think it will be?

Uconn

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Do we now have the option of leaving the ACC? Did we have any voice in this decision? No football, no Notre Dame; the ACC lied.

This sucks. It really messes up the ACC. The Big East's problems just moved south to Tobacco Road. I'll bet that ND never schedules the supposed5 games a year with ACC schools for football.

This will probably make them go for the 16th member now, since they would want to balance out the schedule and maybe make 2 divisions. But it makes the football uneven, because you can't count ND games in the standings for football purposes. I guess UConn is probably going to be joining us. Ugh.

Nova
I'm hearing that they are looking for 16 and that they are not (what else is new).

Gtown doesn't makes sense, other than maybe adding the SU-Gtown rivalry to the TV stable.

Nova gives you philly, and they are a very solid program

SJU gives you NYC, but they are a much less solid program.

Interesting times, again.

Nova = insufficient academics.

Just what I feared, two basketball divisions, and we will play in the weak North. So much for playing Puke and the Heels.

Nova

Nova = insufficient academics.
Let's be real, how much do academics really matter? It's all about money. If they're talking about UConn or Rutgers (rumored) ; why couldn't Nova be included?

The ACC might invite a BB only school and two full members (L'ville and Uconn). Only a thought. Would make 16/18.

Just what I feared, two basketball divisions, and we will play in the weak North. So much for playing Puke and the Heels.
Would you rather be in the big east?

It's crazy that ND is being allowed into another conference without football coming with it. How long can they stay the prima donna? Anyone think that there could be an underlying, unannounced agreement with the ACC for football to join too a couple years down the road or when ND's current football TV contract runs out (not sure when that would be, could be quite awhile). The ACC really could use another good football school to strengthen this part of the conference.

With an odd number of ACC teams, there will always be an ACC team without a conference game every weekend in January-March.

Outside of hoping that maybe maybe maybe ND joins for football down the road, What does this accomplish? Just when we thought we'd escaped one of the negatives of being in the BE it followed us. ND basketball is useless, its amazing that two major conferences have been duped into bringing in that mediocre program without the football, and now water down an already so-so collection of basketball programs a bit more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom