ND - USC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ND - USC

Hot take: Helton really hasn't done a bad job. 10+ wins and a Rose & Fiesta Bowl in his first 2 seasons, and his QB is a true freshman this year.

Lol. With 5* around Daniels. Daniels is fantastic and isn’t even the problem. The coaching is horrendous. We’re looking at possible 3 out of last 4 games of USC not being able to score a TD in the 2H. That means the staff is getting outclassed and outcoached. Plus, the PAC-12 S gives you plenty of cupcake wins.

Lol. With 5* around Daniels. Daniels is fantastic and isn’t even the problem. The coaching is horrendous. We’re looking at possible 3 out of last 4 games of USC not being able to score a TD in the 2H. That means the staff is getting outclassed and outcoached. Plus, the PAC-12 S gives you plenty of cupcake wins.
I’ll take DeVito over this Daniels guy.

I’ll take DeVito over this Daniels guy.

They’re both very good. But, people who blame the struggles on Daniels just don’t know what they are talking about. Bad OL most games. He makes some breathtaking throws all the time.

Looks a lot like how we looked once we became one dimensional against ND.
Really makes you wonder how the SU-ND game might have played out if Dungey hadn't been hurt. I'm not saying we win that game, and who knows maybe it still isn't even close. But after watching all the plays Dungey made with his legs today it would have been nice to have him out there extending plays to neutralize the ND pass rush. He can make something out of nothing as well as anybody in the country.

If ND wins does the B1G get shut out of playoffs?

Yes, if one of two things happen. Georgia beats Alabama in the SECCG or if OU beats Texas in the B12CG, if neither of those things happen, I believe Ohio State goes to the CFP assuming they beat Northwestern.

Cheers,
Neil

Really makes you wonder how the SU-ND game might have played out if Dungey hadn't been hurt. I'm not saying we win that game, and who knows maybe it still isn't even close. But after watching all the plays Dungey made with his legs today it would have been nice to have him out there extending plays to neutralize the ND pass rush. He can make something out of nothing as well as anybody in the country.

Good point. Darnold had more escapabiltiy than Daniels and I’m a big Daniels fan. Darnold masked a lot of playcalling/coaching/OL woes. Dungey could’ve helped for sure against their pass rush and is a tough SOB. Syracuse is better coached and tougher than my Trojans as well. Dungey gives you a chance in any game.

Yes, if one of two things happen. Georgia beats Alabama in the SECCG or if OU beats Texas in the B12CG, if neither of those things happen, I believe Ohio State goes to the CFP assuming they beat Northwestern.

Cheers,
Neil

Think Bama beats Georgia and OU beats Texas...

1- Bama
2- Clemson
3- ND
4- Oklahoma

Sucks for Georgia because I think they are good enough to beat all those teams except Bama and they would have lost to them twice and that is why they wouldnt get a chance to be in there.

Should be interesting... if Georgia beats Bama, I think they jump ND as a one loss SEC champ.

Sets up Bama vs ND and Clemson vs UGA.

If not, I have no idea who they take if OU and OSU both win.

Should be interesting... if Georgia beats Bama, I think they jump ND as a one loss SEC champ.

Sets up Bama vs ND and Clemson vs UGA.

If not, I have no idea who they take if OU and OSU both win.

We will know the latter well before the championship games are played. If Oklahoma is ahead of Ohio State after this week's CFP rankings, OU will make the CFP since a win over Texas in that game will only widen the difference between OU due to Texas being considered better than Northwestern.

Cheers,
Neil

We will know the latter well before the championship games are played. If Oklahoma is ahead of Ohio State after this week's CFP rankings, OU will make the CFP since a win over Texas in that game will only widen the difference between OU due to Texas being considered better than Northwestern.

Cheers,
Neil
Probably, but what if Oklahoma gives up 50+ points and wins by one score, while Ohio State Beats NW 66-3... because both could easily happen.

I think Georgia should be in over OU and (definitely) tOSU regardless.

Cheers,
Neil

I think I just threw up in my mouth. Get beat by 30 by Purdue, give up 51 to Maryland, barely escaped with a one point win over PSU and were life and death with Nebraska. Their big OOC win is TCU. Yee-hah.

Think Bama beats Georgia and OU beats Texas...

1- Bama
2- Clemson
3- ND
4- Oklahoma

Sucks for Georgia because I think they are good enough to beat all those teams except Bama and they would have lost to them twice and that is why they wouldnt get a chance to be in there.

UGA is one of the four best teams in the country along with Bama, Clemson and ND.

I do not think they will put a 2 loss Georgia team in over OU.

Probably, but what if Oklahoma gives up 50+ points and wins by one score, while Ohio State Beats NW 66-3... because both could easily happen.

Score won't matter due to Ohio State being blown out by Purdue earlier in the year.

Ohio State needs to jump Oklahoma with this week's CFP rankings which is highly unlikely.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom