ND's Swarbrick is happy with ACC and... | Syracusefan.com

ND's Swarbrick is happy with ACC and...

arbitragegls

All Conference
believes that the ACC is not in danger of losing another team aside from Maryland. Swarbrick was also the second source in the last two days to say " that the ACC will eventually be making more money per school than the Big 12. That would seemingly put to rest speculation that Florida State is trying to get out.

Additionally, as previously posted according to my source, and confirmed by the CBS article below: "the ACC is in the process of monetizing its soon-to-be lucrative digital network located in Charlotte, N.C. Industry sources are split on whether the ACC can do a full-on network similar to the Big Ten that would be able to throw off profit in a relatively short period of time...but my source indicates it should be profitable within 3 years once launched.

We are now seeing the ACC strength and positive view beginning to make it into legitimate media (I will be reporting more soon):

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...m-another-big-ten-raid-for-foreseeable-future

Really appreciate these reports you post. Thanks a million !

Swarbrick was also the second source in the last two days to say " that the ACC will eventually be making more money per school than the Big 12.

What are the numbers that draw that conclusion?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I bet our Tier 4 stuff gets put on it...the ACC needs a few years to catch up.

What are the numbers that draw that conclusion?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
1 number.

the #2

as in, thats all the schools worth televising in that ridiculously small and useless conference.

the #2 also means something else....which is also appropriate in this case.

the ACC will be the third best conference for a long, long, long time.

and will be compensated as such shortly.

and #1 in EVERY OTHER SPORT BUT FOOTBALL.

Oh Lord

Beating the b12 only ensures we're in the Leftover League. Better than the alternative (UConn's current position). SEC and b10 are the real problem.

Beating the b12 only ensures we're in the Leftover League. Better than the alternative (UConn's current position). SEC and b10 are the real problem.

Beating the Big 12 means we are #4 after the B1G, SEC and PAC 12. Unless, of course, the "superconferences" end up numbering three rather than four. In that case maybe we are in a "Leftover League" or maybe we are in a 20-team B1G.

Of course Duke supports it. They are a private school with awful, awful football. Their only doomsday chance is as a package with UNC--and that's no given since UNC is public and shares a board with NCState.

Apparently "done deal to the B1g/SEC" Duke Univ is real happy too. The guy is singing Louisville's praises...a few of you saying NFW that Duke/UNC would go for a commuter school are not looking too smart on realignment now. The paradigm changed last Spring.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/duken...ansion-louisville-clearly-was-the-best-option

I'd be one of the people that said "No way UL gets an invite because they are the wrong kind of school and their academics are far too weak". Inviting UL was both a huge surprise to most and would have never occurred without the surprise departure of Maryland.

What White says is that UL has made major improvements (admitting that they have been very bad as recently as 2008 when White was at ND).

What "paradigm has changed"?

White said, "I would say it was a decision driven by institutional quality in every way. Louisville is an emerging academic public institution. Its profile seems to have been enhanced an awful lot since I was around them in the Big East (White was the athletic director at Notre Dame from 2000-2008). They’ve invested well. It’s a school that has come a long way in the past two decades."

I'd see this as being a rocky place to land for UL and its fans.

The many Maryland people I know were always rubbed raw by the air of superiority that schools like UNC and UVA and Duke had that evidenced itself in a hundred ways. The blue-bloods always made clear to the Terps Nation that they considered them the "hired help" and not real members of the ACC country club. If Maryland had it bad, imagine the reception that UL is going to get.

It's funny how people can't admit when they're wrong.

It's OK, it happens to all of us.

:)

The many Maryland people I know were always rubbed raw by the air of superiority that schools like UNC and UVA and Duke had that evidenced itself in a hundred ways. The blue-bloods always made clear to the Terps Nation that they considered them the "hired help" and not real members of the ACC country club. If Maryland had it bad, imagine the reception that UL is going to get.

Read more here: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/duken...lle-clearly-was-the-best-option#storylink=cpy

I've never really understood why Maryland (or their fans) or anyone else (Louisville) would care about UNC or Duke's air of superiority. What reception should UL care about?

It's funny how people can't admit when they're wrong.

It's OK, it happens to all of us.

:)

I don't how I can make it any clearer than saying I was one of those that said UL would never be invited.

So when the ACC invited UL, I was clearly proven 100% wrong.

But what White is saying is that UL isn't as bad as I was saying it was. He's not admitting to a "paradigm shift". He's saying that using the old criteria for membership that UL passed. Much to his apparent surprised because when he was at ND he had a lower opinion of the school.

I'll stick with my opinion that UL is a poor fit in the ACC. In retrospect WVU would have been a better choice. But they were gone when the ACC had to quickly grab a replacement for Maryland.

I'd see this as being a rocky place to land for UL and its fans.

Explain.

UL just went from C-USA to the ACC in a span of 9 years.

If that's rocky I'd like to know what's smooth.

I don't how I can make it any clearer than saying I was one of those that said UL would never be invited.

So when the ACC invited UL, I was clearly proven 100% wrong.

But what White is saying is that UL isn't as bad as I was saying it was. He's not admitting to a "paradigm shift". He's saying that using the old criteria for membership that UL passed. Much to his apparent surprised because when he was at ND he had a lower opinion of the school.

I'll stick with my opinion that UL is a poor fit in the ACC. In retrospect WVU would have been a better choice. But they were gone when the ACC had to quickly grab a replacement for Maryland.

Look, I don't really care. This board is loaded with people who have zero, to little, to incomplete knowledge, popping off with declarative statements. It's amusing really, especially knowing that the people who are literally in charge of this stuff: conference commissioners, university Presidents and athletic directors, are not aware of everything that's going on (see: Cincinnati) and/or are making decisions based on criteria that are changing in real-time (see: B1G, ACC).

I'm not trying to call you out specifically Townie. I just see so many "Well, I was wrong, but I was really right!" comments and it cracks me up.

I've never really understood why Maryland (or their fans) or anyone else (Louisville) would care about UNC or Duke's air of superiority. What reception should UL care about?

Have you ever been anywhere in life where it was clear to you that you didn't fit> That the others there were --- or thought they were --- richer or smarter or more clever than you? It's not a great feeling.

It manifests itself in many ways from the chants of the student body to comments by the athletes and coaches to interaction between the fan bases in all sorts of situations.

Maryland fans always thought of Duke as one of their principle rivals. Duke fans chanted at them "We are not your rival". The Duke fans wanted the Maryland people to know that no matter how good their teams were that the Duke fans didn't see Maryland as being in the same universe. Duke was above granting "rival" status to Maryland.

And the Maryland fans could only take it ... and they hated it.

Look, I don't really care. This board is loaded with people who have zero, to little, to incomplete knowledge, popping off with declarative statements. It's amusing really, especially knowing that the people who are literally in charge of this stuff: conference commissioners, university Presidents and athletic directors, are not aware of everything that's going on (see: Cincinnati) and/or are making decisions based on criteria that are changing in real-time (see: B1G, ACC).

I'm not trying to call you out specifically Townie. I just see so many "Well, I was wrong, but I was really right!" comments and it cracks me up.

The ACC's selection of Louisville o fill the spot vacated by UM is the living manifestation of the old country and western song, "The Girls Always Get Prettier At Closing Time"

The paradigm shift: The ACC last Spring had to come to the realization that Football was telling them they were 5th and fading. Louisville came a very real possibility after that...they truly were the one attainable eastern (loosely defined) public school which could deliver more than basketball.

I agree if MD hadn't left they would still be in the Psycho Ditched Ex-Girlfriend Conference...but would be on the sideline still being oogled as eye-candy by the B12/ACC.

The ACC's selection of Louisville o fill the spot vacated by UM is the living manifestation of the old country and western song, "The Girls Always Get Prettier At Closing Time"

OK, fine.

Louisville is in the ACC.

Rutgers and Maryland are in the Big Ten.

These are things that could never happen.

But they did.

I was surprised too. It's OK.