NE Recruiting Blog | Syracusefan.com

NE Recruiting Blog

anomander

Living Legend
Thought I’d post this blog I read protecting a lot of the top NE kids. A couple of Syracuse mentions.

Thought I’d post this blog I read protecting a lot of the top NE kids. A couple of Syracuse mentions.

Good find. Looks like it is going to take more than one year of winning to convince the top players in the NE to come to Syracuse. In all my years following college football recruiting, I don't think I have ever seen so many of the top players from the Northeast head outside the region for college.

It seems to be happening more and more as time goes on.

Blehhhh... We still have work to do.

Good find. Looks like it is going to take more than one year of winning to convince the top players in the NE to come to Syracuse. In all my years following college football recruiting, I don't think I have ever seen so many of the top players from the Northeast head outside the region for college.

It seems to be happening more and more as time goes on.

Agreed -- it will take longer. The good news is that the coaching staff now has something positive to sell on the recruiting trail. "We've done it" vs. come here an help us do it.

Need another year of 8+ wins, and the trend will be established that players can come here and win at a high level.

And a lot of those kids will not sniff significant playing time unfortunately

They need development time which is very hard to find at the factories as they recruit at a high high level consistently

Go somewhere where you shirt a year and are looking at 3-4 years of significant playing time, or go somewhere where you might play year four or five

We still in the running for the Suffield guys? I thought our chances were hurt a lot when Van Dyke committed to Miami.