Nebraska fan asking about tony white | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nebraska fan asking about tony white

What? The defense was better the last two years without those guys. They were good with guys like Roscoe Stef GW Caleb Chesnut Wax Jones and Carter. Coaches helped developed them. None of them are athletic freaks. Kingsley Jonathan is on a NFL roster. Not a freak.
Maybe I'm off but think, Jones, Wax, Duece, GW, Thompson, maybe another backer, Carter all play in the NFL. Don't see anyone on the DL maybe Caleb gets a sniff? Pretty solid talent level from where we have been IMO.

This might be unpopular but we suck against the run. Against any team with a working power run game we had no chance. See Clemson/Pitt/ND and our soon to be bowl game against the Gophers. Yes depth and other things are reasons for this, i'm just pointing out that teams exposed a big hole against our D this year if they had the guys up front to do it.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm off but think, Jones, Wax, Duece, GW, Thompson, maybe another backer, Carter all play in the NFL. Don't see anyone on the DL maybe Caleb gets a sniff? Pretty solid talent level from where we have been IMO.
You said it was the players doing and not the coaches. I'm saying lets give some credit to the coaches who developed and created a scheme that showcased their skill sets. There's a reason why White has been getting offers the last 2 years. The staff got production out of a lot of players not just the most talented ones. Wax GW Thompson Carter weren't elite prospects coming out of HS so coaching has to get some credit.

This might be unpopular but we suck against the run. Against any team with a working power run game we had no chance. See Clemson/Pitt/ND and our soon to be bowl game against the Gophers. Yes depth and other things are reasons for this, i'm just pointing out that teams exposed a big whole against our D this year if they had the guys up front to do it.
I agree. The youth up front and having injuries to Thompson and Lockett had something to do with that. We were 38th in rush defense last year. Not as good this year.