Nebraska fires Scott Frost / hires Matt Rhule | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Nebraska fires Scott Frost / hires Matt Rhule

• Thread starter Deleted member 8116
  • Start date
Didn’t Nebraska fire Bo Pelini after a 9-3 season and multiple 10 win seasons and a 67-27 overall record? I guess they thought they could do better lol

I think there was a but more to it than that. Pelini and his staff were not the easiest to get along with.

I get why both Solich and Pelini were let go.

Tom Osbourne went 49-2 in his last four seasons, had 3 undefeated seasons and won 2 national titles. Talk about going out on top. Solich had a few really good seasons, but going 7-7 and 9-3 in his last 2 years was certain to bring the pitchforks out when fans were used to literally having undefeated seasons on the regular.

Pelini never lost less than 4 games (aside from the year they fired him). Plus, in every one of his last 6 years there his teams finished below (often far below) their preseason polling. Fair or not, that's going to generate a lot of fan frustration. I think if he had a signature year where they went, say, 11-2 and won a major bowl, that might have given him a longer leash.

Most importantly, Scott Frost sucks so ha-ha-ha.

My pick is Matt Rhule, not sure he's long for the NFL and this would be a perfect place to slide back into the college game, will he get canned early with the dismal play of the Carolina Panthers or does he leave Petrino style the middle of the season for Lincoln!?!

Its way too early in the year to do it they should have waited until October. Candidates are going to get pissed off having to answer questions.

I'm not sure Iowa State isn't a better job than Nebraska right now for Campbell.

The new Big 12 will probably be better than the Pac 12 and ACC even if there aren't any blue bloods. They get to be the big dogs in that conference. That said the Big Ten West has an easier schedule than the Big 12's will be.

Apparently his dream job was something that he did not want to put effort into.

Lots of negative stories coming out of Lincoln about his time there.

Late to practices and meetings, not following up on recruit calls, etc.

And to think that we thought he might be a good coach years ago!

My pick is Matt Rhule, not sure he's long for the NFL and this would be a perfect place to slide back into the college game, will he get canned early with the dismal play of the Carolina Panthers or does he leave Petrino style the middle of the season for Lincoln!?!

He would most likely vault to the top of the list if Carolina continues to lose games. The panthers owners won't hesitate to can him either.

UM had some strong comments about the UNL job earlier this week that were not favorable. Does not think recruiting and lost rivalries helps their situation. Still believe they have a strong history and program, if I recall.

UM had some strong comments about the UNL job earlier this week that were not favorable. Does not think recruiting and lost rivalries helps their situation. Still believe they have a strong history and program, if I recall.
And plenty of $$$$

Solich never should have been fired. It was impossible to live up to the standards that Osborne set, and Solich did a hell of a job. However, my alma mater, Ohio University, benefitted from that greatly. Field is now named for Solich.

I think he will get them back to a very good level, but will never be the Osborne years again. But I thought Scott Frost would do a really good job there, so what do I know?

Yeah these coaching hires are like 1st round draft picks. You never really know what’s going to happen. Even with the so called “obvious” picks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom