Nebraska scandal | Syracusefan.com

Nebraska scandal

im4cuse

2nd String
Hope she wins the legal lottery here. The two coaches and AD will burn in hell. Props to the players who set the sting and shame on those players who shamed her for coming forward.

Hope she wins the legal lottery here. The two coaches and AD will burn in hell. Props to the players who set the sting and shame on those players who shamed her for coming forward.

How is everyone not fired?

Nebraska is currently an 8 seed in the latest bracketology. I have to wonder if any of the current players will come forward to corroborate the story.

Nebraska is currently an 8 seed in the latest bracketology. I have to wonder if any of the current players will come forward to corroborate the story.
From the story I read, it sounded like the players and the coach turned against her.

Yes, I read that as well. Something is pretty fishy about the whole story.
Very odd….a whole bunch of wrong, yes. But the way the article was written it’s vague on certain details (which is extremely understandable).

One thing we can all agree on is that Coach Love is finished in coaching. That is a error you can never make. Coaching is a obligation to take care of your players. Not yourself. How could you ever walk in to a home and look parents in the eye and say, I'm going to look after your daughter? There is no both sides here or he said she said. The University suspended him for a reason. I just don't know why she was suspended.

What on earth is the defense? Consensual? In 2023 there is no way this could be a consensual relationship. The power imbalance could not be more one sided. God I’d love to take that deposition.

Then have some guys beat the crap out of him.

One thing we can all agree on is that Coach Love is finished in coaching. That is an error you can never make. Coaching is an obligation to take care of your players. Not yourself. How could you ever walk in to a home and look parents in the eye and say, I'm going to look after your daughter? There is no both sides here or he said she said. The University suspended him for a reason. I just don't know why she was suspended.
Awful human being.

What on earth is the defense? Consensual? In 2023 there is no way this could be a consensual relationship. The power imbalance could not be more one sided. God I’d love to take that deposition.

Then have some guys beat the crap out of him.

Which is why people hate lawyers. Of course it could be consensual. She certainly could have seduced him and she was 23 in the "summer of 2021" so not a kid. I get that hes an assistant coach and there is something to that. But she was an adult.

There is *PROBABLY* some smoke as to why her teammates snuck a video (legal?) to find out and turned on her. It seems they did not think she was the victim and I would assume most women, especailly teammates would tend to at least lean towards defending a female teammate if things are gray area.

He is married with 3 kids, so he sucks regardless... but assuming she is just innocent in this is kind of wild.

She also never reported anything to anyone until the team who went out of their way to catch her caught her. And then it was all his fault? I am not saying 1 way or another... but i wouldnt jump to a conclusion (i am not), thats for sure.

Last edited:
At many colleges its not even a thing for any employee to date a coed. It wouldn't matter if you were a 23 yr old worker and the coed a 27 yr old grad student.

Let alone a boss/employee type relationship.

Last edited:
At many colleges its not even a thing for any employee to date a coed. It wouldn't matter if you were a 3 yr old worker and the coed a 27 yr old grad student.

That is fine that if it is a rule. And I am sure it is.

But a "rule" doesnt make it unethical or non consensual.

Like I said, that guy is married with 3 kids. He is scum. But I dont think it is out of the question that she wanted the relationship.

I agree. If it was forced thats bad.. If it just happened its not like it doesnt happen all over when people get together enough.

That is fine that if it is a rule. And I am sure it is.

But a "rule" doesnt make it unethical or non consensual.

Like I said, that guy is married with 3 kids. He is scum. But I dont think it is out of the question that she wanted the relationship.
Maybe the teammates couldn’t figure out why she was playing at all, but they had an idea.

Which is why people hate lawyers. Of course it could be consensual. She certainly could have seduced him and she was 23 in the "summer of 2021" so not a kid. I get that hes an assistant coach and there is something to that. But she was an adult.

There is *PROBABLY* some smoke as to why her teammates snuck a video (legal?) to find out and turned on her. It seems they did not think she was the victim and I would assume most women, especailly teammates would tend to at least lean towards defending a female teammate if things are gray area.

He is married with 3 kids, so he sucks regardless... but assuming she is just innocent in this is kind of wild.

She also never reported anything to anyone until the team who went out of their way to catch her caught her. And then it was all his fault? I am not saying 1 way or another... but i wouldnt jump to a conclusion (i am not), thats for sure.
How about race. The teammates probably liked the assistant and didn’t like her getting with him. It cannot be consent given the power structure. This isn’t 1990.

There is no suck thing as consensual in this coach player situation, especially since it started the moment she left home and got to school. That coach should have known better and never gotten involved with either a student or a player. Wrong, wrong wrong on his part no matter how the player acted. But an 18 year old (and maybe she was only 17 that first summer as I was going into Freshman year) had no chance to act properly in such a situation. She had to feel confuse, trapped and violated. Some of the male responses on here are so wrong. You have no idea how easy it is to be cornered by an older male. She may even have fallen in love with the coach, just like a victim falls in love with the violator. By the time she was tapped it may have appeared to be something other than what it was. 100% this was against school rules. No school would condone this type of relationship.

There is no suck thing as consensual in this coach player situation, especially since it started the moment she left home and got to school. That coach should have known better and never gotten involved with either a student or a player. Wrong, wrong wrong on his part no matter how the player acted. But an 18 year old (and maybe she was only 17 that first summer as I was going into Freshman year) had no chance to act properly in such a situation. She had to feel confuse, trapped and violated. Some of the male responses on here are so wrong. You have no idea how easy it is to be cornered by an older male. She may even have fallen in love with the coach, just like a victim falls in love with the violator. By the time she was tapped it may have appeared to be something other than what it was. 100% this was against school rules. No school would condone this type of relationship.
I am pretty sure she was 23 years old.

Personal: Daughter of Craig and Krissy Scoggin, Ashley was born May 8, 1998

According to the lawsuit, Love began pursuing Scoggin in the summer of 2021 before they shared a kiss in a Costco parking lot

Also for clarification - I've clearly said the coach is scum as he is married and has kids. But hoping that this woman (who possibly manipulated this whole thing) wins the "legal lottery" and that the 2 coaches and AD "burn in hell" were what bothered me the most.

Also... women do seduce men into making horrible decisions. It isnt just a 1 way street. We all have our biases here but there are 2 sides to every story. And it's weird how everyone including her teammates took the coaches side.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure she was 23 years old.

Personal: Daughter of Craig and Krissy Scoggin, Ashley was born May 8, 1998

According to the lawsuit, Love began pursuing Scoggin in the summer of 2021 before they shared a kiss in a Costco parking lot

Also for clarification - I've clearly said the coach is scum as he is married and has kids. But hoping that this woman (who possibly manipulated this whole thing) wins the "legal lottery" and that the 2 coaches and AD "burn in hell" were what bothered me the most.

Also... women do seduce men into making horrible decisions. It isnt just a 1 way street. We all have our biases here but there are 2 sides to every story. And it's weird how everyone including her teammates took the coaches side.
A coach of a women's college team shouldn't be able to be seduced. Plain and simple. College students of all ages make dumb decisions and the leaders and teachers are there to help them not cross lines with those dumb decisions. A player and a coach is even a higher level of protection.

At many colleges its not even a thing for any employee to date a coed. It wouldn't matter if you were a 23 yr old worker and the coed a 27 yr old grad student.

I know personally of three such relationships between professors and students at Syracuse. You could easily say that is similar if not the same as a coach to athlete relationship given it was an intensive program with long hours and in at least one scenario, a five year degree. It happens more than most probably think.

I know personally of three such relationships between professors and students at Syracuse. You could easily say that is similar if not the same as a coach to athlete relationship given it was an intensive program with long hours and in at least one scenario, a five year degree. It happens more than most probably think.
i know it does, just saying at many colleges its against the rules. I mean if you grad and get a job at a college and half the pop. is co-eds you gonna ask every girl you meet a the bar what college do you go to? Wait, you go to SU sorry, but your girlfriend at Lemoyne thats fine.

i know it does, just saying at many colleges its against the rules. I mean if you grad and get a job at a college and half the pop. is co-eds you gonna ask every girl you meet a the bar what college do you go to? Wait, you go to SU sorry, but your girlfriend at Lemoyne thats fine.
I think neither case (the Nebraska one, or my known examples) are random bar pickups. These are known dynamics/people/and I assume risk of scrutiny.

"against the rules" and "i hope they burn in hell" are 2 completely different things. (not meant towards you)