need a 5-1 acc start | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

need a 5-1 acc start

Not sure that 4-2 would sound a death knell but there is a great opportunity to go 5 - 1 and get ourselves firmly on the good side of any bubble. The big difference between last year's resume at this point and this year's is that we already have 2 Q1 road wins in the bank. Don't think we had more than that all last year (@ Louisville and @ Miami may have been it.) Hopefully Notre Dame can squeeze out enough wins to maintain that.

Question: has anyone made the annual ceremonial Syracusefan.com declaration yet that "the bubble is weak this year?"

I'm pretty sure I've seen it once or twice already. Im starting to wonder if the bubble will just always weak from now on.

I actually now get excited when people post stuff like that in anticipation of you, jncuse(I think), and maybe 1 or 2 others coming in to hammer them with the facts.

And it never stops. I find it entertaining at this point.

Is Townie one of the others? :)

Question: has anyone made the annual ceremonial Syracusefan.com declaration yet that "the bubble is weak this year?"

In this 20 second clip, replace "leads" with "bubble", and it seems to be the point you're trying to make ;)

Our OOC was worse in 2016/2017, with 5 losses including a really bad one vs St. John's. We also had no quality wins OOC like Ohio St. At 10-8 in the ACC, we were the last team out.

Last year we had only 2 losses OOC, but also only went 8-10 in the ACC, and got in.

I am not guaranteeing anything at 10-8 in the ACC, but if I was betting man I would say that if we got 10-8 (whatever permutation) we are much more likely to be in than out this year.
if a road win vs any one of duke, vpi, unc or ncsu is among those 9 or 10 conference wins then i'd say its a lock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom