Need Help Finding #2 (Paulus) Cuse Jersey! | Syracusefan.com

Need Help Finding #2 (Paulus) Cuse Jersey!

OrangeChris

Scout Team
Some of you may recall that in 2010 Syracuse broke from their "only sell #44 jerseys!" edict and actually released a jersey with a different number: that number was 2, and the player was Greg Paulus... I mean "anonymous, totally generic, random, not a real person, imaginary football player" since the NCAA doesn't sell jerseys of real players. :rolleyes:

Anywho, I wanted to pick one up but they're obviously no longer readily available. Could anybody help me track one down? I need one in orange (EDIT: make that blue), brand new, in Size XL. Any help is appreciated: leads, tips, helpful hints, etc. I'm not in CNY, but I still have some of my spies in the area that can do some legwork for me if need be! Hopefully there's a store somewhere with one gathering dust in the back. Thanks all!

Last edited:
Some of you may recall that in 2010 Syracuse broke from their "only sell #44 jerseys!" edict and actually released a jersey with a different number: that number was 2, and the player was Greg Paulus... I mean "anonymous, totally generic, random, not a real person, imaginary football player" since the NCAA doesn't sell jerseys of real players. :rolleyes:

Anywho, I wanted to pick one up but they're obviously no longer readily available. Could anybody help me track one down? I need one in orange, brand new, in Size XL. Any help is appreciated: leads, tips, helpful hints, etc. I'm not in CNY, but I still have some of my spies in the area that can do some legwork for me if need be! Hopefully there's a store somewhere with one gathering dust in the back. Thanks all!
Doesn't exist. They only made them in blue.

I had completely forgotten about that. How bizarre that, of all the players we've had since they last had another number (I believe prior to that, it was #39 for Reyes...or was it Rhodes with #1? Or were those pretty much simultaneous?), they went with Paulus and #2.

I mean I get why it's unique and they thought those jerseys would sell, because Paulus was certainly a different kind of story. But still, I wish they had given us a #3 when DC3 was here, or a #12 for Nassib, or...well, just about anything other than only #44. Heck, even just make #5 available again given the history here.

Doesn't exist. They only made them in blue.

I was afraid of that! I only recall seeing them in blue, but had hoped an Orange variant existed. Oh well! I'll still gladly buy a blue one if somebody knows where I can find it.

I had completely forgotten about that. How bizarre that, of all the players we've had since they last had another number (I believe prior to that, it was #39 for Reyes...or was it Rhodes with #1? Or were those pretty much simultaneous?), they went with Paulus and #2.

I mean I get why it's unique and they thought those jerseys would sell, because Paulus was certainly a different kind of story. But still, I wish they had given us a #3 when DC3 was here, or a #12 for Nassib, or...well, just about anything other than only #44. Heck, even just make #5 available again given the history here.

I still have a #8 Spotwood jersey. Not sure why we dont have a number 1 jersey most years as well as throwback dmac5, freeney, etc.

I got one in a medium I'll sell you.

One billlllllllllion dollars.

And the latest issue of Penthouse Letters.