Need OC with OC experience | Syracusefan.com

Need OC with OC experience

im sure hcss knows a guy or 2 -

im kinda relieved - i just dont see the cliff everyone else does-

Rich Skrosky at Ball State? From Jersey, has a lot of experience in the Northeast, ran a pretty good offense in Muncie.

Or, go for a wildcard OC like Rhett Lashlee at Arkansas State.

We don't go for guys named Rhett in CNY.

Rich Skrosky at Ball State? From Jersey, has a lot of experience in the Northeast, ran a pretty good offense in Muncie.

Or, go for a wildcard OC like Rhett Lashlee at Arkansas State.

John Reagan would make a ton of sense. Just find me someone with success coaching a college spread offense-I don't care if it's mid-major or even D1AA (or whatever they're calling it now)

i would have to think that reagan would have some interest. a concern about him would have to be that he has spent most of his career out west
that being said, our last oc did not have a whole hell of a lot of recruiting experience

How about the Delaware coach? I don't know much about him, those with knowledge, please comment.

They should consider Mark Whipple, former Cleveland Browns QB coach. Was an OC at Miami so he knows the ACC, former UMASS HC so he knows the northeast. Worked with Big Ben in Pittsburgh.

With his resume, he could probably convince some quality HS QB prospects to come to Cuse going forward, and may be able to convince Allen and Wilson to stay committed in this class.

i would have to think that reagan would have some interest. a concern about him would have to be that he has spent most of his career out west
that being said, our last oc did not have a whole hell of a lot of recruiting experience

Coordinators-#1 priority has to be coaching. Position coaches are for recruiters.

How about the Delaware coach? I don't know much about him, those with knowledge, please comment.
Aren't they still running the Wing T at Delaware? No thanks.

We are not hiring from within. Id be shocked.

We don't go for guys named Rhett in CNY.
I've clearly lived away from CNY for too long, because honest truth, I read that and thought "Yeah. Rhett. That could work. We could use some Rhett on offense."

Cristobal?

Cristobal hasn't been an OC. None of the teams he was with were noted for big offensive numbers. Cubit just got canned at Western Michigan. He would've made sense given the connection with Shafer but he just got hired by Illinois as their OC yesterday. The OC at WMU when Shafer was there is currently the receivers coach at Miami. I think Jagodzinski is worth a look. His firing at BC you can write off to Gene D's ego but the Tampa Bay situation is possibly a red flag. And since then, he's been in the coaching leper colony. Makes you wonder why that is. But it's slim pickings out there at this point in the year, unless you go down a level.

I just looked up that Cristobal was only making $500K as HC of FIU, SU could easily pay him that to be a coordinator. whether it be OC or DC. Only issue there is that he could leave in a year or 2 to become a head coach somewhere.

Doc Gross did say in interviews that he had brought up all of the coaching salaries to ACC levels so I think they are willing to shell out some more money to get good coaching.

I am hoping that is true and I hope SU gives Shafer a salary that won't have him looking in a few years if successful. Giving him what Marrone was making or slightly more would be a good idea. Hell, Coach P at UCONN is useless and he gets $1.6 million a year.

Does Raegans Bio at Rice say he was back to being simply a running backs coach (demotion)?

After listening to that Hackett interview, I'd like to hear what the current guys on the offensive side have to say. Wheatley, Moore and Atkins have been quiet, I want to hear their thoughts and if they want this job and how well they get along with SS...do they have the same theories?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom