Sean Williams - bust
Devin McBride - bust
DeShonte Riley - bust
A. Onuaka - Injury prone
Fab Melo - Underperformed
BM Keita - Offence undeveloped
Christmas - Struggling
Coleman - Underperforming

Is there a connection between these two lists?

You left Bernie of He coached everyone except Coleman. And we'd love to have AO or Melo on this team. You also left out Rosey Bouie, Danny Schayes, Rony Siekaly, Derrick Coleman, Billy ownes, John Wallace, Etan Thomas, Carmelo Anthony, Hakim Warrick and Rick Jackson.

Were Arinze's injuries the product of bad coaching? And how hard can you be on Coleman, a freshman who got hurt?

I don't remember ever seeing AO get the ball on the block with his back to the basket and make a post move. 90% of his points were on dump offs and offensive rebounds. He was always in the correct position and was looking for the ball, I will give him that. But if we're looking for a coach that will teach footwork, I don't think he is the guy.

The way he is playing in the D league I would bet he gets a cup of coffee in the NBA by the end of the season anyway.

I remember him doing that many times in his last couple of years here. Once he got the ball and began to dribble with his back to the basket, the defender was toast.

You left Bernie of He coached everyone except Coleman. And we'd love to have AO or Melo on this team. You also left out Rosey Bouie, Danny Schayes, Rony Siekaly, Derrick Coleman, Billy ownes, John Wallace, Etan Thomas, Carmelo Anthony, Hakim Warrick and Rick Jackson.

Were Arinze's injuries the product of bad coaching? And how hard can you be on Coleman, a freshman who got hurt?

You must not have noticed. I only went back the last five years.

I purposely did not mention Bernie. Did not want to broaden the discussion about the merits of Bernie's stellar coaching resume beyond SU.

Well Bill Russell is Out
His understudy John Thompson is out

So I guess the Best Option is the SU Bigman Player with the most NBA experience Dan Schayes

These suggestions make little sense. You dont hire an assistant coach to just "coach". Can he recruit? What type of AAU connections does he have? Does he have any actual coaching experience?

You dont just bring a former big man in because you want them to wok with the bigs.

Please tack the post above.

I don't remember ever seeing AO get the ball on the block with his back to the basket and make a post move. 90% of his points were on dump offs and offensive rebounds. He was always in the correct position and was looking for the ball, I will give him that. But if we're looking for a coach that will teach footwork, I don't think he is the guy.

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

College Basketball is getting more competitive each year. The Team has to be creative. Try new techniques / methodologies. What so bad about having a big man as a coach. Someone who a young big man can relate to. Maybe because the coach has been there and knows how rough it is in the middle. maybe becasue the coach has been successful in the paint. It is a whole different world when you are 6' 9" and taller. In any event, it is time to be proactive in areas that need improvement. Be the first team on the block to tell recruits that we have a coach that is 6' 9" . That might, in and of itself, help recruit other top centers to the Cuse.

These suggestions make little sense. You dont hire an assistant coach to just "coach". Can he recruit? What type of AAU connections does he have? Does he have any actual coaching experience?

You dont just bring a former big man in because you want them to wok with the bigs.

I agree. I have been advocating for Herman Harried to become our next assistant coach for several years. I think he would be a perfect fit on the Syracuse bench coaching our big men. I can only assume that he is not a good fit with JB and hope he is considered when Hop takes the reigns.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2009/05/former_syracuse_player_herman_2.html

http://syracusefan.com/threads/herman-harried-on-su-coaching-etc.14741/

Jim Boeheim - guard at SU for 4 years - 2 yrs assist. and 36 yrs HC at SU
Mike Hopkins - guard at SU for 4 years - 17 yrs assistant at SU
Gerry McNamara - guard at SU for 4 years - 4 yrs assistant at SU
Adrian Autry - guard at SU for 4 years - 1 yr assistant at SU
Lazerous Sims - guard at SU for 4 years - 5 yrs player development at SU

Sean Williams - bust
Devin McBride - bust
DeShonte Riley - bust
A. Onuaka - Injury prone
Christmas - Struggling

No.

I thought AO had the best post moves since Otis Hill. Guess I was imagining those soft hook shots.

You dont just bring a former big man in because you want them to work with the bigs.

I think his point is that we need a bigs coach that can coach up bigs.

Makes a lot of sense from that perspective.

All the other stuff a coach must do is probably assumed.

I think his point is that we need a bigs coach that can coach up bigs.

Makes a lot of sense from that perspective.

All the other stuff a coach must do is probably assumed.

I agree. The key word there is coach. I'm all for it. I'm not for grabbing an ex player who has never coached to come in and think that they can make our centers into all americans.

Jim Boeheim - guard at SU for 4 years - 2 yrs assist. and 36 yrs HC at SU
Mike Hopkins - guard at SU for 4 years - 17 yrs assistant at SU
Gerry McNamara - guard at SU for 4 years - 4 yrs assistant at SU
Adrian Autry - guard at SU for 4 years - 1 yr assistant at SU
Lazerous Sims - guard at SU for 4 years - 5 yrs player development at SU

Sean Williams - bust
Devin McBride - bust
DeShonte Riley - bust
A. Onuaka - Injury prone
Christmas - Struggling

Putting AO and Fab on that list is hilarious.