Need To Win Our Last Four To Get A 1 Seed? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Need To Win Our Last Four To Get A 1 Seed?

Marsh01 said:
Not if Wichita goes unbeaten we wont
We what? I'm saying if Kansas and Wichita get a 1, Kansas will get Indy. Nothing about us in that scenario.

Marsh01 said:
We would also have to lose a game or two before the end of the regular season. Bottom line is if we win our next 4 we all but lock up 1 in the east. Not a guarantee but pretty damn close.
Oh come on marshy...a max 3 loss cuse team is a 1-east guarantee.

We what? I'm saying if Kansas and Wichita get a 1, Kansas will get Indy. Nothing about us in that scenario.
Where does Wichita get its 1 seed if Arizona is West and Florida is South?

Marsh01 said:
We would also have to lose a game or two before the end of the regular season. Bottom line is if we win our next 4 we all but lock up 1 in the east. Not a guarantee but pretty damn close.

I would guarantee it. 29-2 regular season 16-2 in ACC guaranteed east 1.

I think this season is going to parallel what the committee did in 2004. When St. Joe's was given a 1 seed. They gave the 2 seed in that region to Oklahoma State who was the 5th overall seed allegedly.

I think Oklahoma State beats Kansas on Saturday night fighting for their NCAA Tournament lives and that knocks Kansas down to the 2 line.

1 seeds Florida, Arizona, Syracuse, Wichita State.
Kansas becomes the 2 seed in Wichita State's region. Duke will be the 2 seed in Florida's region. Villanova will be the 2 seed in Syracuse's region. Wisconsin/Michigan/Creighton/Michigan State will be the 2 seed out West.

sabach said:
Where does Wichita get its 1 seed if Arizona is West and Florida is South?
well you're assuming that scenario...but in that scenario where we stumble (only way Kansas could pass us) is that wich goes to msg. I'll take the 2 in that scenario.

well you're assuming that scenario...but in that scenario where we stumble (only way Kansas could pass us) is that wich goes to msg. I'll take the 2 in that scenario.
You bet. I'll sign up for the 2 seed in MSG right now.

sabach said:
You bet. I'll sign up for the 2 seed in MSG right now.
I think the team that could screw us out of msg is duke. That's the seeding nightmare to avoid

Honestly, I'm not worried about the 1 seed. I'm more worried about us getting our offense in order for the tourney. We can win the whole thing with any seed and beat two number 1's when we did it in '03.

My bad. Marsh needs reading glasses

IMO we have to beat Maryland, Georgia Tech and Florida St. and win our first ACC tourney game

A loss to Virginia would not be a bad loss

Agree 100% with this.