Neil Nunn | Syracusefan.com

Neil Nunn

He shined early in the season and was going to get tons of PT this year IMO before the injury and before the opt outs

Was it an ACL injury? If so, will he be fully recovered by the fall?

He shined early in the season and was going to get tons of PT this year IMO before the injury and before the opt outs
Yes, he was our third CB early in the season. I think the staff wasn’t 100% sure Garrett was the guy at first.

Which is more of a complement to Neil than something derogatory about Garrett.

The safety spot opposite Hanna is wide open to. I thought smurf really struggled there.

I think Nunn will develop into a pretty good corner. He seems to have all of the tools. Hopefully that happens sooner than later with the loss of Melifonwu. I think Labrosse has a decent shot to crack the starting line up after a full spring and fall and hopefully being completely healthy.

Good off season fodder: Is Nunn better suited at CB or Safety? I think this was discussed when he was a recruit, but now knowing (more or less) what we have around him, what is the best fit?

Nunn had one of the great D plays this past season -

Diagnosed a WR screen before ball was snapped, discarded the blocker like a wet rag, and then tackled the snot outta the WR for like a 5 yard loss.
It was an awesome heads up solo play.

Good off season fodder: Is Nunn better suited at CB or Safety? I think this was discussed when he was a recruit, but now knowing (more or less) what we have around him, what is the best fit?
I feel like he could play corner or safety but size wise he is going to hold up better at corner. Plus, numbers wise we need another quality corner more than safety. Not sure I see Deuce coming in and tearing it up right away. That is very hard for a true frosh to do at corner.

Nunn is the frontrunner to start opposite G. Williams.

IMO, I would be very surprised if neither Folk (Rover) or Chestnut (FS) are starting as true freshman. Both are early enrollees, both have wide open avenues to playing right away, both were specifically recruited for Tony White's defense and both have physical tools superior to the player they are contending with.