Neil Nunn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Neil Nunn

The way things are going, I think us having DBs who stay 4 years is a thing of the past.

Especially given their importance in the pass happy NFL.

While not as difficult to find as a franchise QB or game changing DE, elite CBs can command the next highest salary.

The way things are going, I think us having DBs who stay 4 years is a thing of the past.
I hope this is true... Bc if they aren’t staying four years it’s Bc they are leaving for the league!

The safety spot opposite Hanna is wide open to. I thought smurf really struggled there.
Carter? I thought he was the best of the true frosh DB's that played significant time. Noticeable improvement over the course of the season and played very well at ND.

Carter? I thought he was the best of the true frosh DB's that played significant time. Noticeable improvement over the course of the season and played very well at ND.

Carter was the Rover. Hanna and Greenwood were the safeties. I think Labrosse ends up taking over one of the safety spots though.

Carter was the Rover. Hanna and Greenwood were the safeties. I think Labrosse ends up taking over one of the safety spots though.

What are you basing Carter was the rover on? Every depth chart (doesn't mean it is right) had Hanna as the starting rover. I know Carter blitzed more once Cisco went down, but I imagine all things being equal, they will move Carter back to the strong safety spot he occupied while Cisco was healthy.
Probably comes down to the frosh development in the spring.

Think Hanna and AG could benefit from a redshirt/depth year despite their experience in 2020. Think Labrosse when healthy is better suited to step in

Nunn may actually have the highest ceiling in the db room imo. Has outstanding body control, speed and hands from what I could tell in his tape. Seemed like a number of p5 programs weren’t laughing at his desire to be a wideout too.

Think Hanna and AG could benefit from a redshirt/depth year despite their experience in 2020. Think Labrosse when healthy is better suited to step in

Greenwood already redshirted. I don't see any scenario where Hanna isn't a starter next season. He was fantastic this year as a true frosh. Our backend depth isn't that great. Right now it looks like Coley, Carter and Greenwood, with some combination of Hanna, LaBrosse and Folk at the Rover. By week 9 Cole was backing up Greenwood at FS and was getting a lot of run at the end, so maybe he gets in there.

Last edited:
What are you basing Carter was the rover on? Every depth chart (doesn't mean it is right) had Hanna as the starting rover. I know Carter blitzed more once Cisco went down, but I imagine all things being equal, they will move Carter back to the strong safety spot he occupied while Cisco was healthy.
Probably comes down to the frosh development in the spring.

Yes you're right thanks for the correction. I got mixed up because Cam Jonas was listed at both positions and Hanna and Carter had jumped him by week 4. I was thinking Coley, Carter and Jonas were the Rovers.

Greenwood already redshirted. I don't see any scenario where Hanna isn't a starter next season. He was fantastic this year as a true frosh.
Hopefully he gains some significant weight then. I agree though, he played very well al things considered.

If he did tear his ACL then he won’t be ready to contribute until late in the season

Hopefully he gains some significant weight then. I agree though, he played very well al things considered.

more I look at it, the backend depth is not good. Jonas transfer hurts.

Coley *
Hanna
Carter
Williams
Nunn **
Cole
Greenwood
LaBrosse
Atkinson
Chestnut
Folk

Walkon Kyle Strickland if he comes back. Maybe they move Sharod over fulltime if he's still here. Same with Baron. Seems like they almost have to.

more I look at it, the backend depth is not good. Jonas transfer hurts.

Coley *
Hanna
Carter
Williams
Nunn **
Cole
Greenwood
LaBrosse
Atkinson
Chestnut
Folk

Walkon Kyle Strickland if he comes back. Maybe they move Sharod over fulltime if he's still here. Same with Baron. Seems like they almost have to.
Fortunately Folk and Chestnut are coming in looking ready

They absolutely could, but Dino needs to win. Doubt there is the luxury of time for them to do so.

I mean, there's zero reason for a redshirt given that they've already played. That would just mean they lose a year when they can be on the field, even if just for special teams play.

I mean, there's zero reason for a redshirt given that they've already played. That would just mean they lose a year when they can be on the field, even if just for special teams play.

Agree this was the redshirt year - only in the unique circumstances, they could actually play and get on the job training.

True, just think Hanna’s playing 15-25 lb underweight and Greenwood’s just not ready to see the field.

True, just think Hanna’s playing 15-25 lb underweight and Greenwood’s just not ready to see the field.
Hanna needs weight, but he can help on kickoff coverage at least.

I thought Greenwood got a lot better by the end of the season. Still lots of room to grow, but he made strides. I expect him to continue to improve, and a lot of it probably will happen on the field.

Folk and Chestnut I do think are ready to play from Day One. That being said I hope they pursue another DB in...the portal