Nerlens Noel Jordan Brand Classic Diary | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nerlens Noel Jordan Brand Classic Diary

Dude, are you seriously telling me that you were rooting for Johnny Utah to take down the ex-presidents? ;)

I always wanted to join the "Ex-Presidents", but they didn't have an Obama mask at the time.

when was the last time they actually said that. Cuz I just got off the phone with him for an interview

So where's your interview ? Have you posted a link ?

Who in their right mind, outside the state of Kentucky, thinks NN should go to UK? The same people who root for the bank robbers against the cops.
I despise banks and cops so ... me?

But not as much as I despise Kentucky.

That's the Bishop Grimes motto, which, as a graduate of the school myself, I always found fascinating. It's a Catholic school but uses one of the Seven Deadly Sins (pride) as it's motto.

Nice to meet you, I was Class of 2011

Cobra Pride

Shouldn't you be out somewhere kicking rocks?

No, i just say that to anybody who bashes one of my teams (Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers) and especially Syracuse

Because it is a nicer way of saying f off

Thats BS, what crap that poll is

I hope Noel does not take that poll seriously

and im still waiting for the piece of recruiting news that spins positive towards Cuse

It is a Kentucky website; of course it is going to be 73% Kentucky. If we took the same pool on this website, I would assume it would be at least 90% Cuse.

It is a Kentucky website; of course it is going to be 73% Kentucky. If we took the same pool on this website, I would assume it would be at least 90% Cuse.
If we did a poll on this site, I hope it would be 90% Kentucky just to see the reaction from Bjorn.

Who's bashing? I just enjoy watching the daily panic attacks. It helps pass the time.

You can not bash me for wanting Nerlens Noel on Cuse

True, but I think we have 1000 other reasons we can bash you.

edit- Bash me.. such an odd word.. "dont bash me bro" I have used it before, but seeing it in text.. There has to be something more cool that we can use.

Dont hate on me bro! <-- winner

True, but I think we have 1000 other reasons we can bash you.

edit- Bash me.. such an odd word.. "dont bash me bro" I have used it before, but seeing it in text.. There has to be something more cool that we can use.

Dont hate on me bro! <-- winner
images

By the way ...

What is the over/under on the # of slots in the recruiting rankings that Nerlens drops when he commits to SU?

By the way ...

What is the over/under on the # of slots in the recruiting rankings that Nerlens drops when he commits to SU?

DC2 dropped, J.Grant dropped,

RAK dropped a bit, MCW stayed the same

Fab stayed around the same, Dion stayed the same, CJ went up

D.Riley dropped significantly, Brandon was not even in the top 100, neither was Southerland

Why does BRNCUSEFRVCUSE hijack every damn thread!
He really didn't do anything other than talk about how everything that comes out has pointed towards Noel and UK. He trusts Jake and Francis, like 99% of the people here do. The more people respond to him and egg him on, the more he will post. Ergo, if people don't want him posting, they can ignore him or stop (or atleast cut down on) picking on him, forcing him to respond. It's like blindfolding a dog and watching him run into things, and calling him "stupid" for it. No matter how hilarious it actually is.

Dead serious bro, its over. Its UK for Nerlens. He told me so himself.

Ya. He decided to let you break his commitment. The #1 player in the country, who's kept it close to the vest the entire time decided to skip Dave Telep, Evan Daniels, etc... to break the news with edowd26. Makes sense to me.

Ya. He decided to let you break his commitment. The #1 player in the country, who's kept it close to the vest the entire time decided to skip Dave Telep, Evan Daniels, etc... to break the news with edowd26. Makes sense to me.
Chances are very good that he was dead serious, too.

Settle down, settle down if you look hard enough you can find a poll that pleases you. This has about the same number of votes as the other one did when I posted it.

I completely agree. With a little effort you can always find a biased group willing to support one side of a debate. And, the poll in the OP is from the College Basketball/SEC/Kentucky section of the BR. It certainly stands to reason that the vast majority of the traffic to that page would be Kentucky fans and faithful.

On another note, does anyone know what kind of family ties and NN has? I mean is he very close with his parents and/or any younger siblings? I just wonder if proximity to home and family will have any bearing on his forthcoming decision.

Nerlens Noel background

He is from the Boston area, Everett Mass. His parents, Dorcina & Yonel, are Haitian immigrants who came here in 1990. They worked as cleaning people in a local hospital. He has two brothers, Jim & Rodman and a sister who used to tell their friends that their father was a doctor.

Since his parents had to work long hours Nerlens and his family were looked after by many members of the community. They would get them on teams, buy equipment for them, attend their games and make sure they were keeping up with their studies.

That being said, Nerlens, on his own, decided to transfer to Tilton, much to the dismay of those people who had helped him along the way. BTW, his parents are now separated, his dad drives a cab in Boston and his mom can no longer work two jobs at the hospital because of a bad back.

Noel's big brother Jim, is a senior at BC and Rodman a sophomore at NC St both on football scholarships.

In conclusion

With that being said I don't think there is any reason Noel would choose SU because of distance. He has been his own man for quite some time now and he's going to pick a school based on what he feels is the right choice for him. If he chooses Syracuse it may well be because of his friendships he has with players on this team. That might be the biggest factor going for us.

Nerlens Noel background

He is from the Boston area, Everett Mass. His parents, Dorcina & Yonel, are Haitian immigrants who came here in 1990. They worked as cleaning people in a local hospital. He has two brothers, Jim & Rodman and a sister who used to tell their friends that their father was a doctor.

Since his parents had to work long hours Nerlens and his family were looked after by many members of the community. They would get them on teams, buy equipment for them, attend their games and make sure they were keeping up with their studies.

That being said, Nerlens, on his own, decided to transfer to Tilton, much to the dismay of those people who had helped him along the way

Noel's big brother Jim, is a senior at BC and Rodman a sophomore at NC St both on football scholarships.

In conclusion

With that being said I don't think there is any reason Noel would choose SU because of distance. He has been his own man for quite some time now and he's going to pick a school based on what he feels is the right choice for him. If he chooses Syracuse it may well be because of his friendships he has with players on this team. This might be the biggest factor going for us.

That pretty well answers my question. Thank you. And you're right, it seems highly unlikely that proximity to "home" will be a factor in his decision, given those details. I guess there's a reason that Noel, even as soft-spoken as he is, never mentions family or home in his interview clips.

he did, we're BFFF's.