Nerlens Noel Talks Kentucky Visit, North Carolina, and Future Visits | Syracusefan.com

Nerlens Noel Talks Kentucky Visit, North Carolina, and Future Visits

Thanks. I had to crank my speakers all the way up just to hear him!

Can't watch youtube at work, anyone feeling nice enough to recap it for me?

Can't watch youtube at work, anyone feeling nice enough to recap it for me?
Sure thing! Not a ton of new information. He talked about liking his Kentucky visit and talking to Coach Calipari, similar to what he said in his blog. He then talked about North Carolina, how Roy Williams is a good coach and they have a good program, and Williams is talking to him about playing right away. Noel then discussed future visits to Providence, UConn, Florida, and UNC. Most likely he will be taking them during his March break (10-16).

Anyone else starting to sense parallels to Kenny Anderson's recruitment here with NN?

Sure thing! Not a ton of new information. He talked about liking his Kentucky visit and talking to Coach Calipari, similar to what he said in his blog. He then talked about North Carolina, how Roy Williams is a good coach and they have a good program, and Williams is talking to him about playing right away. Noel then discussed future visits to Providence, UConn, Florida, and UNC. Most likely he will be taking them during his March break (10-16).

That is an interesting time to be taking visits. May work with his schedule, but not sure how well that works for the school's he is visiting.

Big East Tournament finishes up on Saturday the 10th; SEC & ACC Tourneys run through the 11th. NCAA Tournament starts on Thurs. the 15th.

He may be visiting campuses at times when the coaches and players are not there, he certainly won't games then. Glad he has had two visits to see us already.

I guess he can visit Providence at any time during that week, because they'll likely be on campus, but the other schools?

I noticed in his blog that his visit to the cuse was unofficial. So he will probably take his official visit towards the end of his recruitment. Hopefully we are the last school he visits. Or that he pulls a DC2 and doesn't even take another visit after his official.

I noticed in his blog that his visit to the cuse was unofficial. So he will probably take his official visit towards the end of his recruitment. Hopefully we are the last school he visits. Or that he pulls a DC2 and doesn't even take another visit after his official.
All of his visits now are unofficial. They have to be until his paperwork to reclassify goes through and is officially approved.

All of his visits now are unofficial. They have to be until his paperwork to reclassify goes through and is officially approved.

At the speed the NCAA works, he'll have selected and matriculated by the time the approval is official.

might be a dumb question, but what is the difference between an official vist, and an unofficial? More contact with the team and coaches in an official visit?

might be a dumb question, but what is the difference between an official vist, and an unofficial? More contact with the team and coaches in an official visit?
Paid travel, meals, U can pay for stay, they are able to have more access to the program etc... Basically the trip is on the U with some parameters placed on it. Non-official, it is all on the recruit. U can fund things outside of tickets.

If both SU and UK were unofficial... and unofficials are on the recruit... how'd he afford seats that good to both? lol

If both SU and UK were unofficial... and unofficials are on the recruit... how'd he afford seats that good to both? lol
There's this really sketchy dude who scalps by the Physics building. He looks homeless and smells. Most people are put off, but he always has the best ducats and sells them at cost. Nerlens must have been turned onto him.