NET for Jan 23 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NET for Jan 23

I'll play. In my opinion, no. Going 13-7 in this league most years would be an absolute yes, but not with it being such a down season this year. Now, if that 13-7 record comes with a couple of wins against those "lower" number teams like Duke, UL or FSU, than that would be a horse of a different color. But getting to 13-7 with a unbalanced schedule and a relatively weak ACC in the fashion you lay out won't cut it. I just don't see how winning those (especially with the numbers being so poor/high) does much for us.

Additionally, when considering our horrible OCC record, losing all of those P5 games, not to mention in the fashion we did, is going to make it difficult to make the argument we belong in the Dance. Of course, it always comes down to who else are we being compared with as those last few in, etc. From what I've seen to date watching quite a bit of college hoops, this year's bubble may be the weakest in a very long time.

So if we beat Duke and then lost to Wake Forest, we'd be better off than if we lost to Duke and beat Wake Forest?

So if we beat Duke and then lost to Wake Forest, we'd be better off than if we lost to Duke and beat Wake Forest?

Yes, in my opinion. The reason I'd argue is that we hadn't proven we could beat any team that bears the semblance of a sure thing tourney team a la Duke, let alone one that is likely a #1 or 2 seed. On the other hand, we have proven we can lose to a slew of very mediocre teams. Losing to Wake, however, may be a stretch when it comes to mediocre though.

Now up to 64. Notre Dame , despite losing to FSU , jumped to 70.
ND also lost to SU in the past week, on their home court.

And St John's jumped 15 spots after a 1-1 week, beating last-place DePaul on the road.

I think the NCAA might want to re-think the NET formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom