Net Points, etc. (St. Bonaventure) | Syracusefan.com

Net Points, etc. (St. Bonaventure)

SWC75

Bored Historian
I will again be doing a report after each game this season and a summary report at the end of the non-conference season, the ACC season and the post season.

Net Points
(points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks minus missed field goals and free throws, turnovers and personal fouls) Season net points and average per 40 minutes is in parenthesis.

Tyus Battle 30NP in 33 minutes
Marek Dolezaj 13NP in 16 minutes
Elijah Hughes 11NP in 32 minutes
Buddy Boeheim 9NP in 17 minutes
Paschal Chukwu 8NP in 15 minutes
Frank Howard 8NP in 20 minutes
Jalen Carey 4NP in 19 minutes
Oshae Brissett 4NP in 24 minutes
Robert Braswell 3NP in 8 minutes
Bourama Sidibe -1NP in 10 minutes

DNP coach’s decision

Injured

Out for the year
Howard Washington

Awards

Offensive Dude of the Game, (O-Dog)
(Points plus assists)
Tyus Battle 21 points + 2 assists = 23

Shooting Efficiency
(Points minus field goal and free throw attempts)
Tyus Battle 21 points - 0mfg – 1mft = +20

Scoring Efficiency
(Percentage of points scored divided by points they would have scored if they made every shot- minimum 10 possible points)
Tyus Battle 21 of 22 possible points = 95.5%

Sat Us Down
(Who scored the first SU basket of each half?)

1st Half- Tyus Battle lay-up 19 seconds in
2nd Half- Elijah Hughes lay-up 43 seconds in

TACO Bell MVP
(Who scored the point that got us to 70, which gets you free tacos with your ticket stub)
Tyus Battle lay-up with 8:24 left.

My Man
(Who played the most minutes?)
Tyus Battle 33 minutes

TEAM STATS

Possession

Rebounding
(Add each team’s offensive rebounds to their opponent’s defensive rebounds. Then figure the offensive rebounds as a percentage of that)
We rebounded 6 of our 24 misses = 25.0%
They rebounded 13 of their 36 misses = 36.1%

Effective Offensive Rebounding
(Divide second chance points by the offensive rebounds)
We got 9 points on 6 O-Rebs = 1.500 points/O-reb
They got 17 points on 13 O-Rebs = 1.308 points/O-reb

Unforced Turnovers
(Total turnovers – the other team’s steals = unforced turnovers)
We had 14 turnovers – 6 steals = 8 unforced
They had 25 turnovers – 17 steals = 8 unforced

Points per Takeaway
(Points off turnovers divided by the number of turnovers the other team had)
We had 32 points from 25 takeaways = 1.280 points/takeaway
They had 12 points from 14 takeaways = 0.857 points/takeaway

Unsettled Situations
(Effective offensive rebounding + Points per Takeaway: [Second Chance Point + Points off Turnovers] divided by [Offensive Rebounds + Opposition Turnovers)
We had 41 points in 31 unsettled situations = 1.323 points
They had 29 points in 27 unsettled situations = 1.074 points

Manufactured Possessions
(One teams rebounds + the other team’s turnovers)
We had 29 + 25 = 54
They had 31 + 14 = 45

Scoring

Shooting
(Shots made and attempted and the percentage for two point goal attempts, three point attempts and free throws)
We were 23 for 33 on twos, (70.0%), 6 for 17 on threes (35.3%) and 17 for 22 on frees (77.3%)
They were 13 for 26 on twos, (50.0%), 3 for 19 on threes (15.8%) and 12 for 22 on frees (54.5%)

(PIP= points in the paint, POP = points outside the paint, which is total points – PIP –free throws made, TREY: points from three point shots, TZ= Twilight Zone, which is POP – TREY, two point jumpers from outside the paint, FBP = fast break points POTO= points off turnovers)
We had 28 PIP, 36 POP, 18 TREY, 18 TZ, 32 POTO, 17 FBP
They had 18 PIP, 17 POP, 9 TREY, 8 TZ, 12 POTO, 4 FBP

Fast Break Percentage
(FBP/(defensive rebounds + blocks + steals)
We scored 17 FBP in 44 opportunities (38.6%)
They scored 4 FBP in 28 opportunities (14.3%)

First Chance/Second Chance
(FCP is First Chance Points, which is total points - second chance points – fast break points – free throws made. SCP is second chance points.)
We had 38 FCP and 9 SCP
They had 14 FCP and 17 SCP

Last Possessions
(Points scored on the last full possession of a half, a game or an overtime period.)
We scored 0 points
They scored 2 points

Starters/Bench
(Total points – bench points = starters points)
Our starters scored 56 points and our bench scored 25 points
Their starters scored 31 points and their bench scored 16 points

Assists
(The percentage of a team’s baskets that were assisted)
We assisted 19 of our 29 field goals = 65.5%
They assisted 8 of their 16 field goals = 50.0%

Team Offensive Possession Efficiency
(Possessions: Field goals attempted - offensive rebounds + turnovers + 47.5% of free throws attempted. Efficiency is total points divided by possessions)
We scored 81 points in 68 possessions = 1.191 points/ possession
They scored 47 points in 67 possessions = 0.701 points/possession
It was a 135 possession game.

Team Shooting Efficiency

(Points minus missed field goals and free throws)

We scored 81 points, missed 21 field goals and 5 missed free throws = net 55
They scored 47 points, missed 29 field goals and 10 missed free throws = net 8

(Points scored divided by potential points scored if we’d made every shot)

We scored 81 on 33 two point attempts, 17 three point attempts and 22 free throw attempts = 81 of a possible 105 points = 77.1% of possible points scored.
They scored 47 on 26 two point attempts, 19 three point attempts and 22 free throw attempts = 47 of a possible 93 points = 50.5% of possible points scored.

Breakdown by Quarters
(Points scored between the beginning of the game and the 10 minute mark of the first half, then halftime, then the 10 minute mark of the second half, the end of regulation and then overtime of there was one)

24-15, 22-10, 20-14, 15-8

Fouls

(Two point shots and free throws attempted per times fouled.)
We attempted 33 two point shots, attempted 22 free throws and were fouled 20 times = 1.50; 1.65
They attempted 26 two point shots, attempted 22 free throws and were fouled 19 times = 1.18; 1.37
We were more likely to get calls when attempting two point shots and got more free throws out of it when we were fouled.

Comments

- We got out-rebounded 29-31 and 6-13 on the offensive boards.

- We have 11 fewer turnovers than they did but the same number of unforced turnovers, (8)

- We shot 70% inside the arc, an incredible percentage. Our free throw shooting also is making a comeback. We are 44 for 55 in our last two games (80%).

- We had 18 points from the arc and 18 more from the Twilight Zone.

- We led in assist percentage, (65.5-50%) for only the third time this season.

- Going into this game, 41% of our shot attempts have been three pointers. In this game it was 34%.

"We scored 81 on 33 two point attempts, 17 three point attempts and 22 free throw attempts = 81 of a possible 105 points = 77.1% of possible points scored. "

Not to nitpick but wouldnt that be: 66+51+22=139 possible points???? which would be 58%

"We scored 81 on 33 two point attempts, 17 three point attempts and 22 free throw attempts = 81 of a possible 105 points = 77.1% of possible points scored. "

Not to nitpick but wouldnt that be: 66+51+22=139 possible points???? which would be 58%

You are correct. You math was better than mine. in fact, I'd been screwing this stats up since the Northeastern game. I figured a short-cut for computing scoring efficiency for individual players: (2 x FGA + three point attempts + free throw attempts), and I was applying it to this but the way I'd written it up I had separated out the two point shots so i was doing 2 X two point attempts + three point attempts + free throw attempts. I've now corrected my running totals, (which I'll post in the enxt few days) but may not be able to edit the posts for all the previous games.

You are correct. You math was better than mine. in fact, I'd been screwing this stats up since the Northeastern game. I figured a short-cut for computing scoring efficiency for individual players: (2 x FGA + three point attempts + free throw attempts), and I was applying it to this but the way I'd written it up I had separated out the two point shots so i was doing 2 X two point attempts + three point attempts + free throw attempts. I've now corrected my running totals, (which I'll post in the enxt few days) but may not be able to edit the posts for all the previous games.
yeah i mean 77% of possible points would be an astronomical figure - as it stands 58% is A LOT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom