Nevada players incensed at cops after game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nevada players incensed at cops after game

I didn't watch the game so I have no feel for all that went on. Two thoughts away from this incident:

1- During last year's NCAAT Musselman struck me as a complete d-nozzle. He carried on with no sense of class after his team won some real nail biters. Like it was all about him.

2- Reffing is alleged to have been one-sided in this game. If true that's not all that unusual as some times it feels like 5 v 8 in some of these hostile environments. Which is all the more reason to install a six foul player limit. College hoops is the only sport I know where a guy can miss 1/2 of a game because of two touch fouls and a goofy charge call.

I didn't watch the game so I have no feel for all that went on. Two thoughts away from this incident:

1- During last year's NCAAT Musselman struck me as a complete d-nozzle. He carried on with no sense of class after his team won some real nail biters. Like it was all about him.

2- Reffing is alleged to have been one-sided in this game. If true that's not all that unusual as some times it feels like 5 v 8 in some of these hostile environments. Which is all the more reason to install a six foul player limit. College hoops is the only sport I know where a guy can miss 1/2 of a game because of two touch fouls and a goofy charge call.
PREACH!!!

We obviously can’t fix trash/biased college officiating so the least we can do is put up a 6 foul buffer so they can’t alter games by 1 or 2 horrific calls involving an important player.

PREACH!!!

We obviously can’t fix trash/biased college officiating so the least we can do is put up a 6 foul buffer so they can’t alter games by 1 or 2 horrific calls involving an important player.

Yeah trash/biased college officiating has been going on forever. I forgot who Xavier lost to in the NCAAT last year but if there were illegal shenanigans going on in that game I would not have been surprised. 6 fouls is a step in the right direction.

Yeah trash/biased college officiating has been going on forever. I forgot who Xavier lost to in the NCAAT last year but if there were illegal shenanigans going on in that game I would not have been surprised. 6 fouls is a step in the right direction.
Then you get the old Big East, where it was wrestling.
Keep guys in, but if they are playing past 5 fouls, there is one bonus FT if they commit a foul.

Then you get the old Big East, where it was wrestling.
Keep guys in, but if they are playing past 5 fouls, there is one bonus FT if they commit a foul.

I could live with that as it would be much better than current rules.

College hoops is the only sport I know where a guy can miss 1/2 of a game because of two touch fouls and a goofy charge call.

I guess it's an attempt to limit the use of fouling in lieu of playing defense. When an offensive player has a high percentage shot e.g. break away layup or dunk etc., you are typically better off preventing the basket and sending the player to the "free throw" line, where you have to make two to convert the opportunity. With how poorly players shoot from the free throw line I wouldn't want to see us move towards strategies where we see teams give fouls to prevents dunks and layups more than they already do.

I think any change to the number of individual fouls should also include a reexamination of how the fouled team is "compensated" following the foul.

I guess it's an attempt to limit the use of fouling in lieu of playing defense. When an offensive player has a high percentage shot e.g. break away layup or dunk etc., you are typically better off preventing the basket and sending the player to the "free throw" line, where you have to make two to convert the opportunity. With how poorly players shoot from the free throw line I wouldn't want to see us move towards strategies where we see teams give fouls to prevents dunks and layups more than they already do.

I think any change to the number of individual fouls should also include a reexamination of how the fouled team is "compensated" following the foul.

Very fair point and I think that is doable. I just hate to see where a guy gets two cheap fouls by the 16 minute mark then has to sit for the rest of the half. The whole issue is compounded by the fact that some refs call the game way too tight which just leads to some BS calls.

Warning...Foul language including word and N word:

I was expecting your movie to feature more foul language, at best PG-13, but it was still riveting at times.

Good acting, anger seemed palpable and quite real - the guy playing the basketball player seemed genuinely angry. Hopefully he gets some more roles. The plot was a tad thin though - and overall very cinema verite...Plus, the close-up on the fire extinguisher was very French new-wave, reminds me of Jean-Luc Godard at his very best.

7/10

#1 is a fact.

Nothing like another "let's blame the refs" thread in disguise. This board is insufferable with the ref blaming.

Putting that aside, what win, in or out of conference, are we most impressed by with Nevada?
THEY ALMOST GOT TO THE FINAL 4 LAST YEAR

The Big East tried a six foul rule and it made the games into slugfests. I would prefer that the NCAA try to fix the problem (bad, inconsistent officiating) rather than put a bandaid on it.

Sorry two wrongs don't make a right. That player destroyed property and punched glass. That is a thug move no matter what. Don't go around breaking things and yelling at cops cause something the fans did. Should have been arrested for destruction of property and disorderly conduct

Two wrongs sometimes make a right

you have no idea what actually prompted the response so maybe you arent in the best position to judge someone's reactions. Im quite a calm fellow but if Im truly wronged in a certain manner, I will act like an insane person. so is true of most humans.

With all due respect, this is an interesting sentiment. I wonder how many people in their lives have been "truly wronged?" What constitutes your definition of this? Have you ever been "truly wronged in a certain manner" in which you then acted as an "insane" person as you allege? If not, how do you know with certainty the way in which you "will" act, or most humans for that matter. Is "truly wronged" being flipped the bird on the highway after you inadvertently cut someone off and you voluntarily choosing to go, 'road rage' insane chasing them down? Or "insane" as to after catching up with them, commit an assault or felony type crime against them? That insane? If that's the case, maybe you're not "quite the calm fellow" you allege you are then?

For a team that is 26-3 they sure have played quite the empty schedule. Not sure why they didn’t play tougher opponents in the OOC knowing they returned everybody.

The schedule is set well before that. You know that. If the twins would have left, they would have needed those wins

The Big East tried a six foul rule and it made the games into slugfests. I would prefer that the NCAA try to fix the problem (bad, inconsistent officiating) rather than put a bandaid on it.

You could make adjustments, as suggested above, that would be punitive to a team when a player receives his fifth foul. Maybe an extra FT and possession or something like that. Right now it's too prone to corruption and incompetence.

Fixing the officiating is a laudable goal but good luck wid dat.

What a bunch of thugs... If you have an issue talk like a normal human being. Lucky they weren't arrested for disorderly conduct. Funny how he acted like he was going to fight the cop... He tried to act real tough when in fact he wasn't going to do anything.

Let me guess...Devendorf was your favorite player?

The schedule is set well before that. You know that. If the twins would have left, they would have needed those wins
fact remains: 0 q1 wins

Outside of the tournaments no schedule is set yet next year.

Nothing like another "let's blame the refs" thread in disguise. This board is insufferable with the ref blaming.

Putting that aside, what win, in or out of conference, are we most impressed by with Nevada?

I don’t care if you feel bad for some well paid referees this call is absolutely horrible...

fact remains: 0 q1 wins
correction - they have 1 q1 win now that Utah St has moved up to #30 NET, and they beat them at home - still, that's a resume of a bubbly mid-major, not the juggernaut so many have made them out to be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom