Never knew Lou Gramm was from Rochester | Syracusefan.com

Never knew Lou Gramm was from Rochester

You must not have ever talked to anyone from Rochester. ;) Its their claim to fame. "Lake Avenue" in one of their songs is Lake Ave. in Roch.

You must not have ever talked to anyone from Rochester. ;) Its their claim to fame. "Lake Avenue" in one of their songs is Lake Ave. in Roch.
I used to work on Lake & Main

I used to work on Lake & Main
I worked in the first federal building or what was formerly the first federal building. The one with the spaceship on top. Just down the road.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I worked in the first federal building or what was formerly the first federal building. The one with the spaceship on top. Just down the road.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
I worked in the Reynolds Arcade Building

Put me down for 36 West Main. in the mid 70's. But Kenneth A. Bianchi worked there also as a security guard. He confessed to serial killings in Cali as Hillside Strangler. Also a suspect in Rochester killings where there were 4 girls with names both first and last that started with same letter.

"It was a Monday. A day like any other day. I left a small town for the Apple in decay." Lou Grammatico on leaving Rochester to form Foreigner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Louis Grammatico is firmly in touch with the terms. His late-‘60s-early-‘70s street racing days taught him a thing or two, such as: winning the race wins the girl. And so he set out to win the girls. Which he did - but it was only later, as rock star Lou Gramm in the band Foreigner, when girls really began to hurl themselves in his direction. By the time this particular song came out in 1979, they were hurling themselves in even larger numbers, because as everybody knows, girls love a rock star, paired withrock stars who are also street racers, equals rock stars whose craniums are loaded with street racing terms. Ergo, rock stars are not sissies. Or something like that.

Lou’s life as a road warrior began “runnin’ all night on Lake Avenue” in Rochester, New York, the road so named because it runs from State Street all the way to Ontario Beach Park on Lake Ontario. His racing vehicle of choice? A Chevy Nova 396, which was 375 horsepower - 25 horses below the bragging rights he claims in the song. Not that it matters… 375 is a lot of ponies (although the mechanics of HP to MPH is so awesomely mystifying we’ve decided only a multiple degree-holding bona fide physicist can get to the bottom of it).

from http://www.songplaces.com/Rev_On_The_Red_Line/Lake_Avenue_Rochester_New_York

Who remembers Duke Jupiter? They sang "I' ll drink to you.".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom