Never More Proud to Be Orange | Syracusefan.com

Never More Proud to Be Orange

N.Y. Orangeman

2nd String
After a grueling 24 hours, I can honestly say that I've never been more proud to be an Orangeman.

When this horrible allegation first hit, the fanbase was horrified for the right reasons. Unlike PSU, who was generally worried first and foremost about JoePa, the vast majority of Orange Nation was aghast by the alleged situation. There were no riots, mobs or threats. Reasoned skepticism won out in the end.

Also, as rumors swirled, one of our leaders, JB, toed the line and told truth in supporting one of our own. He could have played it safe, but he put himself out there for what he believed was right, in the process risking 40 years of goodwill and his reputation. Others soon followed, at risk to their reputations.

Chancellor Cantor, faced with difficult choices, did the right thing on all fronts. From suspending Bernie (which was the right call) to crafting the perfect course and message that will guide us in the coming days., she set us on a course that will, whatever way this turns out, ensure SU does the right thing.

Our leaders and fellow alums are amazing and I'm proud to be associated with them.

Proud to be Orange...

I completely agree. JB has stuck his neck out and put it all on the line, which I have great respect for.

I have been a harsh critic of Chancy Nancy, though I believe she has done a good job with this. As an alum, I especially appreciated the e-mail this morning.

Go Orangemen!!

I agree it has been handled well by the University. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to be an alum but I will hold off on the never prouder part of it until everything is said and done and i can change my 97% sure feelings to 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom