Never thought I would say this | Syracusefan.com

Never thought I would say this

DonLightfoot

All Conference
But that was disgraceful. Sure, no second half for Hughes and Sidibe fouled out. However, from my standpoint, Miami is probably one of the weakest teams we have played all year. We certainly weren't a good shooting team today and foul shooting down the stretch was also bad. I was looking for some optimism going into the ACCT, but that feeling has unfortunately gone by the wayside. We are basically in the same spot as we have been the last few weeks - we need to win the ACCT. A win today and 2 or 3 wins in the ACCT "might have" given us a remote outside chance, but I don't think so now. Here's hoping they can get their act together by Wednesday.

I said with five games left that history says we would finish 10-10. I hate being right, but this team was listless and uninterested for about 30 minutes today.

This team at times plays toward the energy of other teams(think of an empath on Star Trek like Deanna Troi as a decent analogy, someone who shared the feelings others had), but the swings in the upward direction didn't have as much of an impact, for whatever reason(maybe lack of talent, unsure).

Just to offer folks a choice(I'm no company man lol), the team did buckle down at the end and put itself in the position to do the nearly impossible and get to OT.

Now imagine if they just did a bit better at the FT line...

Last edited:
Play of the game was joe girard staring at the ball as it bounced above the top of the key when he clearly had the best shot at it.

As bad as that was I think I was more irritated by all the offensive possessions where he dribbled...and dribbled...and dribbled...then shot a contested bomb and missed. We can do better than that.

Cuse fans don’t go crazy over this one. We needed to win ACCT anyways to get in. This at least gives us a better matchup let’s just hope and pray Hughes is okay and we held him out over an abundance of caution

Play of the game was joe girard staring at the ball as it bounced above the top of the key when he clearly had the best shot at it.

My favorite was BB looking a like a fawn on a fresh sheet of ice while trying a spin move, and then immediately following a Miami turnover, he let a pass - which would have resulted in an easy layup - slip right through his hands.

But that was disgraceful. Sure, no second half for Hughes and Sidibe fouled out. However, from my standpoint, Miami is probably one of the weakest teams we have played all year. We certainly weren't a good shooting team today and foul shooting down the stretch was also bad. I was looking for some optimism going into the ACCT, but that feeling has unfortunately gone by the wayside. We are basically in the same spot as we have been the last few weeks - we need to win the ACCT. A win today and 2 or 3 wins in the ACCT "might have" given us a remote outside chance, but I don't think so now. Here's hoping they can get their act together by Wednesday.

That wasn’t ACC basketball.

That wasn’t A-10 basketball.

That was like a CYO 30th year reunion game before whatever the main attraction is.

That was FUGLY.

That was like a CYO 30th year reunion game before whatever the main attraction is.

That was FUGLY.
It was horrendous. Absolutely horrific stuff. And I’m not exaggerating.

My favorite was BB looking a like a fawn on a fresh sheet of ice while trying a spin move, and then immediately following a Miami turnover, he let a pass - which would have resulted in an easy layup - slip right through his hands.

hard to argue w that sequence.

Really wonder what 40min of HoWash/Goodine would look like
I’m curious about the possibility of an ultra-defense Goodine/Richmond slasher athletic backcourt. It’ll never happen unless BB is at the 3, but a girl can dream.

I’m curious about the possibility of an ultra-defense Goodine/Richmond slasher athletic backcourt. It’ll never happen unless BB is at the 3, but a girl can dream.

I fear it will look like what Howard/Battle would’ve looked like if Battle wasn’t a really good one on one scorer.

This was two bad teams putting up a terrible shooting performance. Might be the two least talented teams in the conference. Losing to a bad team like that, playing as we did, just shows really where we are.

After watching that game, how can you even worry about the NCAAT? There is ZERO chance that this team with or without Hughes wins the ACCT and that stinkbomb effort today should disqualify us from consideration even if we did.

Negative play of the game to me was Syracuse up 6 and Dolezaj falls down with the ball and Miami goes the other way for a 3-pointer. Dolezaj was probably the best player for us today but that isn't saying too much. His turnovers really hurt at crucial times.

That’s Exhibit 1 in the argument that we are going to have an awful season next year if the incumbents retain their starting and 35+ minute per game roles.

That was FUGLY.
And who is that on? I know who should take the blame.

I said with five games left that history says we would finish 10-10. I hate being right, but this team was listless and uninterested for about 30 minutes today.
Hughes was injured! And he was injured against NC State too. He’s our best player. There’s two games we would have won if he had played. So your prediction isn’t really accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom