Never thought I would say this | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Never thought I would say this

That’s Exhibit 1 in the argument that we are going to have an awful season next year if the incumbents retain their starting and 35+ minute per game roles.
I don't disagree. Despite Sidibe's resurgence in recent games, we still need a center who can be an integral part of the offense and not be so easily overpowered on defense. We need a point guard who can break down defenses and distribute the ball. And play defense. If you look at our current starting 5, the only player who is in the top half of players in the ACC at their respective position is Hughes.

Play of the game was joe girard staring at the ball as it bounced above the top of the key when he clearly had the best shot at it.
I remember that play as much as any that happened as well

I was exaggerating and it wasn’t even exaggerating...
All I could think about watching Miami for most of the game was how we would be up 25 if we had some of our non-bubble Syracuse teams. Hell... even our bubble teams!

Buddy played 45 minutes. I get spreading the defense but holy let’s see some other options.
trying to think of a comparison for Buddy, say Marius Janulus. When Janulus was a starter, he didnt go 40 mins, just ridiculous

I don't disagree. Despite Sidibe's resurgence in recent games, we still need a center who can be an integral part of the offense and not be so easily overpowered on defense. We need a point guard who can break down defenses and distribute the ball. And play defense. If you look at our current starting 5, the only player who is in the top half of players in the ACC at their respective position is Hughes.
And did they recruit for these defencies this cycle? Nope, except for Tape for a 1 year rental. Just mind boggling what they are looking at sometimes. I guess they didn't expect Carey to be a bust like this and were caught shorthanded

the beginning was gawdawful but i thought both teams fought hard the final 5. made it entertaining at least.

All year long this team has not been particularly good but you’ve never been able to say that they don’t try their best. Sadly that did not apply today, You cannot say that about today’s performance. The lack of hustle and heart was obvious with the worst play in recent memory being when Girard and buddy just watched Wong line up a wide open three with the game on the line. I have never seen our team quit like that. Buddy played 45 minutes so maybe he was out of gas but if you watch the replay neither he nor JG3 seemEd to care that Wong was wide open and in fact Girard turned and walked away.

additionally he hit the big shot to get in the overtime but in overtime JG3 was beyond selfish. He didn’t look to move the ball it was hero ball/aau I’ve got to get mine.

Deshaun Williams would have been proud,

The absolute low point of the season.

Last edited:
Negative play of the game to me was Syracuse up 6 and Dolezaj falls down with the ball and Miami goes the other way for a 3-pointer. Dolezaj was probably the best player for us today but that isn't saying too much. His turnovers really hurt at crucial times.

We may have set a Syracuse record for awful falls of the player's own accord. Just simply overwhelmed by the act of dribbling the ball and moving simultaneously.

Combine that with Wong's incessant need to just run with the ball if he turns and sees a defender 10 feet or closer, and you got yourselves a work of non-art.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom