New 2014 Commit CB Lamar Dawson (IL) | Syracusefan.com

New 2014 Commit CB Lamar Dawson (IL)

Witter's announcing on 8/1, right? Roberts visits on 8/9, so I expect his commit to SU to happen shortly there after.

This class is shaping up nicely. DB, LB, and qb are set plus we have an elite wr as well. Now just waiting on an RB or 2 and some bigs and we're good to go.

This class is shaping up nicely. DB, LB, and qb are set plus we have an elite wr as well. Now just waiting on an RB or 2 and some bigs and we're good to go.

Come on down, Mr. Ollison...

Scratch that. We have 2 elite wr's since Cooper is prepping and will come in with KJ. When is the last time we had a wr tandem with 25+ other bcs offers between them?

The question now is who will be carrying the rock in all the open space those guys create? Ish? Erv? Both?

Scratch that. We have 2 elite wr's since Cooper is prepping and will come in with KJ. When is the last time we had a wr tandem with 25+ other bcs offers between them?

The question now is who will be carrying the rock in all the open space those guys create? Ish? Erv? Both?

Just a question, but according to 2-4-7 site timelines, corey cooper has officially enrolled at Syracuse along with Wayne Williams on July 24th. Can anyone shed a light on this if it is the case. You can't enroll unless you are accepted, correct?

Just a question, but according to 2-4-7 site timelines, corey cooper has officially enrolled at Syracuse along with Wayne Williams on July 24th. Can anyone shed a light on this if it is the case. You can't enroll unless you are accepted, correct?

The only "light" to shed would be that 24/7 does not have a stellar history of accuracy. This was probably more of an assumption based on signed LOIs.

The only "light" to shed would be that 24/7 does not have a stellar history of accuracy. This was probably more of an assumption based on signed LOIs.
Will be interesting to find out for sure, because having both Williams & Cooper available this year changes the ball game so to speak. I do remember Williams was petitioning to leave his school early so I assume that means he was able to meet the enrollment requirments, but Corey was supposed to go to prep school according to multiple reports, including here.

Will be interesting to find out for sure, because having both Williams & Cooper available this year changes the ball game so to speak. I do remember Williams was petitioning to leave his school early so I assume that means he was able to meet the enrollment requirments, but Corey was supposed to go to prep school according to multiple reports, including here.

There have been articles on both Williams & Cooper not being available for the Fall 2013. This is a done deal, I'm afraid. Both players are hoping to enroll in January 2014.

Here is an article from USA Today writer on Williams: http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2013/07/06/wayne-williams-is-a-big-loss-for-syracuse-orange/

And here is on Cooper: http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/06/scott_shafer_still_believes_ca.html

applewhite is someone I believe were high on for the OL?

Applefield is who you are thinkng of, unfortunately were not as high on his list. Hes a longshot at best.

applewhite is someone I believe were high on for the OL?
Applewhite_2.jpg

24/7 should be renamed 5 minutes/1...

Really good get for the staff. Dawson was one of their top targets at CB. Further validates the decision to hit Chicago and Illinois hard with the backgrounds of the new staff...

Best chances at our top rb choices are Phillips and Ish Witter. Ollison is looking like a bridge to far at this point.

FWIW, Witter has some of the best change of direction highlights I've seen in a while. Not that I would not want a big back like Ollison, I do. Witter seems to have a "unique" skill set.

24/7 should be renamed 5 minutes/1...

Really good get for the staff. Dawson was one of their top targets at CB. Further validates the decision to hit Chicago and Illinois hard with the backgrounds of the new staff...

Agreed. It's one thing to attempt to take advantage of recruiting connections in areas that are not traditional recruiting territory for SU. This staff has proven that they can actually get commitments from these areas. Very good sign. Now, if these kids turn out to be key players...

FWIW, Witter has some of the best change of direction highlights I've seen in a while. Not that I would not want a big back like Ollison, I do. Witter seems to have a "unique" skill set.

Witter would be a great get, going to be a close call between us and Rutgers, real close.

See, I'm not as enamored with big backs as some. I'd rather just have good running backs. I'd take Malcolm Thomas and clone him as a two deep rotation and call it a day.

See, I'm not as enamored with big backs as some. I'd rather just have good running backs. I'd take Malcolm Thomas and clone him as a two deep rotation and call it a day.

The only thing I'll say in response to that is that Malcolm Thomas was "big" -- guy weighed something like 205 pounds despite being 5-6 -- he was just short.

But I agree--I'd take Malcolm Thomas any day. Great player for us.

Yeah, I hear you OiG. I am not necessarily "enamored" with big backs. I tend to look at the RB position in terms of skill sets relative to size. If the skill sets are similar between player A and B, give me the bigger back.

Witter is not big, but, as I mentioned above, he does seem to have a very unique skill set in terms of his ability to change direction. I think that is going to play well at the college level, especially in a spread, up-tempo O.