New BE only worth $23m per year? | Syracusefan.com

New BE only worth $23m per year?

Looks as if the TV market has eaten the BE and spit it out...sources tell me no more than $2,500,000 per team ...including football and basketball and everything else...Uconn and Ucincy are SCREWED...This may lead to other teams bailing the BE as could do better in other conferences...this is sad ;)

id think espn would pay more than that (4 per full memeber seems fair) or that deal would let teams keep there tier 3 rights.

arb your source hear anything on acc schedule being released this week?

id think espn would pay more than that (4 per full memeber seems fair)

Why would ESPN pay twice what the only other bidder is offering?

it would come with a price probably some weeknight football games, tier 3 to espn for espn 3/11am bball starts etc

wow, and how much did they turn down two years ago - about $100M/year.

Not that the league is very appealing, but the offer also confirms my suspicions that NBC is not a legitimate player.

They had a shot at MLB but backed away scared of the money,
They had a shot at the NFL but backed away scared of the money.

Everyone in the industry agrees they overpaid for the Olympics, overpaid for F1, overpaid for the EPL.

Looks as if the TV market has eaten the BE and spit it out...sources tell me no more than $2,500,000 per team ...including football and basketball and everything else...Uconn and Ucincy are SCREWED...This may lead to other teams bailing the BE as could do better in other conferences...this is sad ;)
UConn and Cincy at that rate...would be better to vote with the C7 to dissolve the BE and join them in hoops...play indy in FB or join the MAC as a FB only.

Its a bad league.

Noone wants to watch SMU-Houston, even folks in Texas.

MSG wants no part of the conference tourney, they don't want to push other dates and the Rangers/Knicks out for that crap.

Mountain West is a better conference in both sports. Even with LVille.

Its a bad league.

Noone wants to watch SMU-Houston, even folks in Texas.

MSG wants no part of the conference tourney, they don't want to push other dates and the Rangers/Knicks out for that crap.

Mountain West is a better conference in both sports. Even with LVille.

Yet I say this on my own board and get called a heretic.

Yet I say this on my own board and get called a heretic.

Well it is your fault you don't buy into the ramblings of HFD...love his energy but he is insane. Pudge is trying his best to make lemonade out of the lemons...but is losing it too...he really, really hates Syracuse. I think UConn and Cincy need to join the C7 in all sports but FB, work with the C7 to dissolve the league ASAP to collect the goodies now...then work a plan to go Indy or join the MAC for FB. Stay relevant and hope for an ACC, B12 or B1G invite.

I read somewhere else that the C7 is estimated to be worth $40-50M/year. I think ZLS44 has this right that NBC is scared to lay money down. ESPN will probably pay more.

wow, and how much did they turn down two years ago - about $100M/year.
One would think that this offer would be higher than what ESPN is going to offer, as NBC would have to pay more than ESPN to get the SunBeast to move to a much less watched and mainstream network.

ESPN offered the BE $130 million per year.

What a nightmare.

UConn and Cincy at that rate...would be better to vote with the C7 to dissolve the BE and join them in hoops...play indy in FB or join the MAC as a FB only.

That's what I've been saying for a while.

This is really quite amazing how fast this unraveled at the end.

I still think uconn and cincy will be fine eventually...not that I want uconn to ever be ok.

what is this big east you speak of?-

is a sham on top of a lie covered by another sham to call whats left the big east

sunbeast_medium.jpg

ESPN has first right of refusal. They still have time to offer a reply, but if I were the BE, I wouldn't expect one. The league seems to realize that it is the best they are going to do, so they might as well not prolong things, just take it and move forward.

I agree with whichever poster, stated that UConn & Cincy should definitely push hard to try to get into the C7 and do whatever they can with their FB. Just not sure the C7 would be willing to deal with a couple schools that they felt would leave the moment an offer came from one of the big 5 conferences. No idea what kind of assurances either school could ever offer, that would entice the C7.

ESPN has first right of refusal. They still have time to offer a reply, but if I were the BE, I wouldn't expect one. The league seems to realize that it is the best they are going to do, so they might as well not prolong things, just take it and move forward.

I agree with whichever poster, stated that UConn & Cincy should definitely push hard to try to get into the C7 and do whatever they can with their FB. Just not sure the C7 would be willing to deal with a couple schools that they felt would leave the moment an offer came from one of the big 5 conferences. No idea what kind of assurances either school could ever offer, that would entice the C7.

If ESPN accepts at whatever NBC agreed too...my understanding is all the ABC/ESPN/2/U slots remain the same as the old contract. However in hoops I'm not sure if they can cut back a proportion since the league will be less than 16 teams.

The ABC slots aren't that bad for FB...they could telecast the minimum games and show it only to a very small geographic area. The ESPN slots might be problematic...does ESPN want to show Big Monday with UCF vs SMU? yuck....

If ESPN accepts at whatever NBC agreed too...my understanding is all the ABC/ESPN/2/U slots remain the same as the old contract. However in hoops I'm not sure if they can cut back a proportion since the league will be less than 16 teams.

The ABC slots aren't that bad for FB...they could telecast the minimum games and show it only to a very small geographic area. The ESPN slots might be problematic...does ESPN want to show Big Monday with UCF vs SMU? yuck....

Well Comcast did two interesting deals this week. They purchased all the remaining shares of NBCUniversal and negotiated a deal with Fox for distribution of there programming, including sports.