New Board Feature | Syracusefan.com

New Board Feature

would it be ironic if i piloted it on this thread?

To ignore a thread, click on the thread and then click the "Ignore Thread" link at the top right of the screen.

This is for those who don't want to see the off topic stuff.
Where did the "Mark Forum Read" button go?

what happened to the helmets??

I blame every loss this year on the fact that they are gone.

I still see the helmets - unfortunately very few upside down so far though.

what happened to the helmets??

I blame every loss this year on the fact that they are gone.

I don't think the helmets show up on mobile view if that's what you use.

Upper left hand side of page.
Left to right I have: "Watched Forums", "Watched Threads", "New Posts", etc. "Mark Forum Read" isn't anywhere on my screen.

EDIT: I zoomed out to 90% from 100% and that moved the "Mark Forum Read" button to the upper left side. Now the screen is difficult to read.

Thanks! FYI kind users, in case you didn't know it, you can also ignore an entire forum if it is not your cup of tea. I think you have to be in A&O mode to do it though.

I'm in a different viewing mode and I haven't seen the count down clock or helmets in years. Maybe it is for the best. ;)

Left to right I have: "Watched Forums", "Watched Threads", "New Posts", etc. "Mark Forum Read" isn't anywhere on my screen.

EDIT: I zoomed out to 90% from 100% and that moved the "Mark Forum Read" button to the upper left side. Now the screen is difficult to read.
For people trying to use this site from a mobile device, trying to run from a browser, trying to identify what posts are new, if you are like me (running from an iPhone), you can't see most of the commands that display at the top of the forum like you can if you are running from a desktop or an iPad. That includes "New Posts".

From my iPhone, in portrait mode, I can only see "Threads You Ignore" and "Forums You Ignore". But look closely at the header. Just to the right of the last command you see, you should see a series of dots. That is an indicator telling you there are more commands to display. Click on it and you will see a list of the remaining commands.

If you don't initially see New Posts, it should once you click on the series of dots.

Like this...

iPhone.PNG

Good luck, and God Bless America.

Lastly, apologies for that really long, really ugly first sentence in this post. I am sutomcat and all my English teachers disapprove of this post.

Last edited:
i use a variety of devises.

dont see on any. :noidea:

i use a variety of devises.

dont see on any. :noidea:
I can only see them on my laptop, and only with A&O style. Can't see them on my phone under any style. No big deal, but I do like to see the helmet flipped.

For people trying to use this site from a mobile device, trying to run from a browser, trying to identify what posts are new, if you are like me (running from an iPhone), you can't see most of the commands that display at the top of the forum like you can if you are running from a desktop or an iPad. That includes "New Posts".

From my iPhone, in portrait mode, I can only see "Threads You Ignore" and "Forums You Ignore". But look closely at the header. Just to the right of the last command you see, you should see a series of dots. That is an indicator telling you there are more commands to display. Click on it and you will see a list of the remaining commands.

If you don't initially see New Posts, it should once you click on the series of dots.

Like this...

View attachment 78735

Good luck, and God Bless America.

Lastly, apologies for that really long, really ugly first sentence in this post. I am sutomcat and all my English teachers disapprove of this post.
Maybe Tom could move the "Mark Forum Read" button to a spot in the order that would allow for it to show-up on most devices. For example, I think if it were listed (left to right) fourth or fifth it would show-up on your device. Just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom