New channel 9 reports.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New channel 9 reports..

I think he'll be back. Wasn't his doing. wrong place wrong time just trying to be a good brother

Bees, I don't think he is class currently but certainly could probably start again next semester and be back for spring... I see no purpose for bringing him back next year.. If you count Anchione and Chew we lose 2 schollie WR's this year and Cornelius is the only one we have a verbal from now.

Point is, if he isn't in school now (and I don't know if he is or isn't) he won't be back this season.

This is the million dollar question--what jurisdiction [if any] do they have?

Maybe not much but Marrone has a lot.

Didn't someone say previously that he was no longer in classes? I thought I saw that in response to a discussion that Miller was no longer on campus. If he is still o campus, I have my doubts whether Marrone would allow him back, this year at least.

From the PS: Marcus Sales is enrolled at SU this semester, according to Kevin C. Quinn, SU's senior vice president for public affairs. Quinn had no other comment on the situation.

Let him practice with the team this season (like Collier did the other year) ... and he's full go for the Spring.

A one year suspension for being a knucklehead is an appropriate learning experience.

Bees, I don't think he is class currently but certainly could probably start again next semester and be back for spring... I see no purpose for bringing him back next year.. If you count Anchione and Chew we lose 2 schollie WR's this year and Cornelius is the only one we have a verbal from now.

were also bringing in ben lewis from maryland...hes a wr now, not sure what the staffs plans are for him, but early accounts say hes had a very good senior year

http://orange44.blogspot.com/2011/10/marcus-sales-no-true-bill.html

The other theory here is that Marcus and his attorney reached an agreement with the District Attorney's Office to grant him immunity on all these charges in exchange for his truthful testimony against his brother. In that case, Marcus could have testified before the Grand Jury in the case against his brother, and would also be forced to testify at any jury trial against his brother. This, of course, is just conjecture at this point, but it certainly would explain why no charges are being pursued against Marcus. If this is the case, I would certainly also expect that Marrone & Co. were part of negotiations with Marcus & his lawyer to work out an arrangement for him to rejoin the team. Evidently we'll hear from Marrone after practice today, so that may clear up some of my hypothesizing.

At this point, if Marrone wants him back and is convinced that Marcus has changed from this incident then he will be back. Judicial, smudicial... I would love to have him back, another kid that can make plays. I do not believe Sales is enrolled in classes right now but I could be wrong there. This may be a spark where Sales could really elevate his game next year, get him back for spring ball and be done with it

I believe they would allow a typical student back if charges were dropped why not Sales? I am somewhat surprised the charges were dropped.

He should be allowed back, charges were dropped, he is innocent... Free Carl Lee!!
He is enrolled in classes

Listen the kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now that charges have been dropped he should be allowed to rejoin the team. Put him a very short leash but let him back dont ruin the kids life

I'm okay with him coming back but let's not pretend he was some innocent bystander. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time only because he got arrested not b/c he wasn't doing anything wrong.

Sales sat in the first row of the student section for one of the games (Wake I think), and a number of the coaches came and high-fived him and whatnot after the game when the players were all rushing towards the stands to celebrate with the students.

Sales sat in the first row of the student section for one of the games (Wake I think), and a number of the coaches came and high-fived him and whatnot after the game when the players were all rushing towards the stands to celebrate with the students.

I think the team and the staff want him back

Listen the kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now that charges have been dropped he should be allowed to rejoin the team. Put him a very short leash but let him back dont ruin the kids life

Yikes - I have no opinion on whether Sales should or shouldn't be allowed back on the team. But let's cool it on the "wrong place wrong time" victim stuff.

He screwed up.

Royally.

I'm hoping he can come back and live a life of good citizenship. But the crap he pulled that night (and I'm sure that wasn't the first time he was somehow involved with that type of garbage, but who knows) is inexcusable. This isn't a kid who grew up in the ghetto with no father and no one to teach him right and wrong with drugs and guns as a way of life.

I'm hoping he has learned his lesson and is a better man for it, but let's at least tell it like it is.

Yikes - I have no opinion on whether Sales should or shouldn't be allowed back on the team. But let's cool it on the "wrong place wrong time" victim stuff.

He screwed up.

Royally.

I'm hoping he can come back and live a life of good citizenship. But the crap he pulled that night (and I'm sure that wasn't the first time he was somehow involved with that type of garbage, but who knows) is inexcusable. This isn't a kid who grew up in the ghetto with no father and no one to teach him right and wrong with drugs and guns as a way of life.

I'm hoping he has learned his lesson and is a better man for it, but let's at least tell it like it is.

Yeah, he may or may not have known about the drugs, but running a red light while drinking in the car isn't "wrong place, wrong time"...

this situation, if i'm not mistaken, now boils down to a D.U.I ... how long does a kid get punished for that? While we know a lot more about the situation than one normally would, kids make mistakes, and a lot of kids (and adults) make THIS mistake (whether caught or not). At this point, I wouldn't be against him rejoining the team if HCDM felt he had learned from the situation and saw that he was someone who could contribute to this team (off the field) ... it could be a cautionary tale for the whole team, rather than a damning experience for one...

On the flip side, the business with the Lax team and Desko's car might be enough to create a Zero tolerance about these issues for the University.

Sully, I believe he was charged with Open Container inside a Vehicle. It is a dumb mistake on his part, but not that serious of an offense. I also hope he has learned his lesson and gets his head out of his a$$ and helps us win more games next fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom