Class of 2021 - New Commit: Barrett White (VA) Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 New Commit: Barrett White (VA) Mid

illestcuse

All Conference
702BEFF4-8880-4BBE-83AE-84170A788961.jpeg

This kid looks really solid. He's a good shooter with a lot of confidence who can also share the ball. He's long and lanky so my guess is he'll be a midfielder in college, but he'll need to spend some time in the weight room.

Update: I just watched some of his older highlights and his skillset reminds me of Brendan Curry. Also I don't think he ever lists himself as an attack man, but he is very comfortable inverting a short stick.

I find his Sweetlax FL 2021 team to be very impressive. I'm not sure if all these kids are actually from Florida or not because most attend boarding schools, but man they have some really talented players. This team has a handful of kids headed to top D1 schools. This is so impressive considering Sweetlax added the Florida branch just a few years ago.

Last edited:
Have not watched all his highlights, but to me he looks like an attackman, seems to score a lot of goals from the righty wing and has a very nice shooting motion. FWIW looks like he was also recruited by Lehigh.

That gives the Orange 5 midfielders for the class of '21, though one appears to be strictly a SSDM, but that's a good number given the amount of offensive midfielders the team will have to replace that year. I think Finn Kelly and Coris, the two attackmen on the IL recruiting page were slotted as A/M in various places as well. Total class is 11, the '20 class is 13 so seems like there are only a few slots left maybe.

Have not watched all his highlights, but to me he looks like an attackman, seems to score a lot of goals from the righty wing and has a very nice shooting motion. FWIW looks like he was also recruited by Lehigh.

That gives the Orange 5 midfielders for the class of '21, though one appears to be strictly a SSDM, but that's a good number given the amount of offensive midfielders the team will have to replace that year. I think Finn Kelly and Coris, the two attackmen on the IL recruiting page were slotted as A/M in various places as well. Total class is 11, the '20 class is 13 so seems like there are only a few slots left maybe.

I believe Kelly has definitely played both, I think a few guys in that class are in the Dordevic mold of having played both Middie and Attackmen. Interesting that White was recruited by Lehigh as there doesn't appear to be a ton of info out on him recruiting wise. Did you find that on the web somewhere? Would be interested to see who else may have offered.

I believe Kelly has definitely played both, I think a few guys in that class are in the Dordevic mold of having played both Middie and Attackmen. Interesting that White was recruited by Lehigh as there doesn't appear to be a ton of info out on him recruiting wise. Did you find that on the web somewhere? Would be interested to see who else may have offered.

I also saw he visited Dartmouth...will try and see if I can find where I saw Lehigh and Dartmouth.

New evaluation from Inside Lacrosse from July 22nd. Seems to be pretty high-end recruite, 4.5 stars!!!

86/100
July 14, 2020

OVERALL
4.50/5.00
SPEED
4.25/5.00
AGILITY
4.00/5.00
STRENGTH
4.50/5.00
IQ
4.25/5.00
HUSTLE
4.00/5.00
STICK
4.25/5.00
ON BALL DEFENSE
4.00/5.00
OFF BALL DEFENSE
4.25/5.00
SHOOTING
4.50/5.00
1V1 OFFENSE
4.50/5.00
OFF BALL OFFENSE
4.50/5.00

Notes
One of those "first off the bus" players who immediately jumps out as someone who's going to give opposing teams problems, he's a good primary dodger who can consistently draw a slide, run through it, feed through it, shoot around it or roll back.

Has grown into his frame in the last year; no longer comes across as lanky.

New evaluation from Inside Lacrosse from July 22nd. Seems to be pretty high-end recruite, 4.5 stars!!!

86/100
July 14, 2020

OVERALL
4.50/5.00
SPEED
4.25/5.00
AGILITY
4.00/5.00
STRENGTH
4.50/5.00
IQ
4.25/5.00
HUSTLE
4.00/5.00
STICK
4.25/5.00
ON BALL DEFENSE
4.00/5.00
OFF BALL DEFENSE
4.25/5.00
SHOOTING
4.50/5.00
1V1 OFFENSE
4.50/5.00
OFF BALL OFFENSE
4.50/5.00

Notes
One of those "first off the bus" players who immediately jumps out as someone who's going to give opposing teams problems, he's a good primary dodger who can consistently draw a slide, run through it, feed through it, shoot around it or roll back.

Has grown into his frame in the last year; no longer comes across as lanky.

This is great to see/hear, I like the 2021 class but it's definitely short on "elite" level guys. Sounds like White has taken that next step I was talking about in the recruiting thread. Excellent news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom