Class of 2020 - New Commit: Blake Erlbeck (CA: Torrey Pines) Attack | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Blake Erlbeck (CA: Torrey Pines) Attack

I believe Erlbeck is #10. I watched some other tape of full games from Torrey Pines and thought that though Erlbeck didn't seem to make a ton of plays, the ones he did make were pretty impressive. He makes some some really nice and risky passes that took me by surprise and had some pretty good dodges. Doesn't strike me as the type who would fill up a score sheet but will make plays to help a team win, if that makes sense.
Right, #10. I looked up the number in advance, or at least saw it in his highlights, so I knew who to look for, but I understand Sholo's reaction. After watching the longer video, there were some nice passes, but I hope he develops as a dodger over the next 2 years. I remember also liking his mid-range shooting technique.

Erlbeck was a consistent scorer for the West in the UA underclass games. Now he was written up by IL at the Adrenaline Western Shootout. They mistakenly list him as a Denver commit. I recently wrote in the recruiting thread that I'm not real high on Erlbeck, however, I like the idea of a kid who continues to work and improve. If his athleticism improves along with his game, that would be great.

Oh, and I'm very happy that the coaches got a pipeline going to Torrey Pines. They are becoming a pretty dominant team in Southern California.

Erlbeck was a consistent scorer for the West in the UA underclass games. Now he was written up by IL at the Adrenaline Western Shootout. They mistakenly list him as a Denver commit. I recently wrote in the recruiting thread that I'm not real high on Erlbeck, however, I like the idea of a kid who continues to work and improve. If his athleticism improves along with his game, that would be great.

Let's hope that Denver listing is a mistake and not another you know what.

IF anyone has an IL account I encourage you to comment on the article noting the incorrect school for Blake. I checked his twitter and there is nothing about Denver so hopefully its just a mistake.

One of the other kids there Hussey is a Denver commit, seems like its definitely an error.

Notre Dame - Conrad Delgado
Harvard - Miles Botkiss
Virginia - Bobby Gavin
Brown (black hat) - Teagan Bultman
Brown (white hat) - Christian Rasmussen
Bellarmine - Ethan Graubart
St. John's - CJ Iglinski

Not to shabby

6654CAA6-F568-4576-8B61-72F27449DD43.jpeg

A39AA994-C336-4C23-AB72-4466AD9C5920.jpeg

The clip from above is from the same game - apparently he went BTB three times in the game. Impressive.

Kids gonna be a player. Gonna need time to adjust to D1 from HS ball in Cali but a real nice get especially when your remember he was a replacement for decommit

1. TORREY PINES (CALIF.)
LAST SEASON: 20-2
The Falcons claimed their second straight CIF San Diego Open Division state title with a 12-4 win over La Costa Canyon (Calif.) and finished ranked No. 16 nationally. West Player of the Year and standout defender Marco Napolitano graduated with a class of eight college-bound players, but seven starters return, including senior attackmen Blake Erlbeck (Syracuse) and Christian Rasmussen (Brown), junior attackman Dewey Egan (UNC), senior midfielders Miles Botkiss (Harvard) and Teagan Bultman (Brown) and senior goalie Bobby Gavin (Virginia).

I'm interested in seeing how Erlbeck performs this year when he should be one of the main guys on offense. Will he carry the ball more? SU has 3 other quality attackmen coming in next season. Can Erlbeck differentiate himself to get some playing time in college?

The clip from above is from the same game - apparently he went BTB three times in the game. Impressive.

He went three different ways too - all right handed.