Class of 2016 - New Commit: Brett Kennedy (NJ), D/LSM | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 New Commit: Brett Kennedy (NJ), D/LSM

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Last edited:
http://3drising.com/3d-rising/flg-3d-fall-tournament-recap-standouts-photos-videos

Brett Kennedy, Defense, Ridgewood (N.J.), 2016 – Syracuse

Kennedy was probably the most complete defender at FLG in 3d last weekend. The consensus among those who’d seen Ridgewood play throughout the day was that he’d been “eating guys up” defensively in every matchup. I watched him twice and he was very aggressive and physical, locking his man up with the V-hold and just assaulting the ball carrier with a furious onslaught of checks and body bumps. He’s hard-nosed and athletic and just heckles his man anytime he has the ball. Any attackman who doesn’t protect the stick will would lose the ball quickly in Kennedy’s presence. Less athletic players struggled to keep up with him in pursuit of groundballs. For as hard as he goes after the ball carrier, you never get the sense he’s not in control of his body and stick. From where I stand, he projects as an impact player in the Carrier Dome.

H/T: laxsummit :)

http://3drising.com/3d-rising/flg-3d-fall-tournament-recap-standouts-photos-videos

Kennedy was probably the most complete defender at FLG in 3d last weekend. The consensus among those who’d seen Ridgewood play throughout the day was that he’d been “eating guys up” defensively in every matchup. I watched him twice and he was very aggressive and physical, locking his man up with the V-hold and just assaulting the ball carrier with a furious onslaught of checks and body bumps. He’s hard-nosed and athletic and just heckles his man anytime he has the ball. Any attackman who doesn’t protect the stick will would lose the ball quickly in Kennedy’s presence. Less athletic players struggled to keep up with him in pursuit of groundballs. For as hard as he goes after the ball carrier, you never get the sense he’s not in control of his body and stick. From where I stand, he projects as an impact player in the Carrier Dome.

Since Booth is also mentioned in the Articles any news on him?

Thanks OrangeXtreme. This from Ty Xander.
Brett Kennedy ’16, LSM/D, Ridgewood (N.J.) – Playing both positions, the high motor Syracuse verbal was able to eat the ball up off the ground and create instant offense, finding breaking middies or taking the ball himself (scoring on more than one occasion). On one play, he stripped his attackman, ran to get the ball off the ground and was beat to the ball originally but chased down the guy, de-sticked him and had a teammate pick up the ball and clear it.

image.jpeg

2016 Preseason ALL-USA Boys Lacrosse: Second Team

Brett Kennedy
Position: Defense
School: Ridgewood (N.J.)
Class: Senior
College: Syracuse

Kennedy returns after suffering an injury last season and missing a portion of the year and should provide a boost on defense and the middle of the field for Ridgewood. He is a tenacious, harassing sparkplug of a defender who can get all over the hands, put the ball on the ground and get it up the field.
Photo: Ridgewood High School

Sounds like this kid could come in and contribute right away. Like what I saw on his highlight tape from 2014, and that was two years ago. Maybe he grabs one of those two defense spots that are open?