Class of 2020 - New Commit: Caden Kol (CT: Salisbury School) D/LSM | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Caden Kol (CT: Salisbury School) D/LSM

Maybe losing those guys will help us find some diamonds in the rough we wouldn’t have had room for before.

From football powerhouse Concord De La Salle in the Bay Area, who are coached by UVA’s Johnny Christmas.

I watched the 1st half of the HS "National Championship" game between Bullis (MD) and Salisbury (CT). Kol matches up with Robert Schain '19 of Bullis who is #21 in IL's incoming freshmen list. Schain goes off for 9 points, but Kol looked pretty good in the first half. Schain scores one goal in the 1st half on him on a great individual play diving across the face of the goal. The rest of his point were assists where guys were getting open and Schain would find them.

Kol has good size and pretty good quickness. He helps organize the defense when they go between man to man and zone defense. He also helps guys find their match ups, so those are great attributes.

Kol has decent stick skills, but he's not going to lead the team in ground balls. He hangs back on some ground ball scrums to cover the front of the goal.

Bullis sets a few picks for Schain, seemingly with the intent to change the match up and Kol does not try to get around the pick to maintain his match up with Schain. I hate that.

Bullis sets a few picks for Schain, seemingly with the intent to change the match up and Kol does not try to get around the pick to maintain his match up with Schain. I hate that.

Maybe they were coached to always switch.

Maybe they were coached to always switch.
It's likely they were coached that , but I still hate seeing it. As a syracuse fan, I want to see a recruit at least try to be aware of where he is on the field, where the dodger and the picker are and try to get around the picker and maintain his match up. Sometimes it's hard because the timing and location of the pick, but sometimes it's easy. In this game, it looked easy and Salisbury didn't even try to maintain their match ups.

It's likely they were coached that , but I still hate seeing it. As a syracuse fan, I want to see a recruit at least try to be aware of where he is on the field, where the dodger and the picker are and try to get around the picker and maintain his match up. Sometimes it's hard because the timing and location of the pick, but sometimes it's easy. In this game, it looked easy and Salisbury didn't even try to maintain their match ups.
agree. The observation that he hangs back and does not fight around picks suggests passivity or if the kid he guards goes off for a ton, the coach has his head...

IMG_6990.jpg

They finally listened to me !!

And after announcing only Kol, they seemed to have stopped tweeting out any commits. Very strange. Maybe someone got distracted? A lot of other DI teams do a good job of tweeting out these announcements, don't know why 'Cuse stopped after only doing one.

And after announcing only Kol, they seemed to have stopped tweeting out any commits. Very strange. Maybe someone got distracted? A lot of other DI teams do a good job of tweeting out these announcements, don't know why 'Cuse stopped after only doing one.

Maybe they listened to Desko? :oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom